iOS 5.0.1 problem with network signal

Discussion in 'iOS & iOS Apps' started by xob, Nov 12, 2011.

1. sonza

sonza Member

Unfortunately no.

2. princemon

princemon New Member

hi what model is your iphone?

3. elbert

elbert Active Member

yes, reset all settings, even a full restore. It just means that the SmartBro SIM with voice is not an end-all solution, even if it works for most here.

4. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

ano batch number ng 4s nyo sir na affected nito? currently c39 ung akin globe gamet ko oki na @ ios 5.01

5. loudsound

loudsound Well-Known Member

Wow, seems the problem still exists. The quest for a solution continues. Apple's taking a long time rolling out an update. I hope it's worth the wait.

6. elbert

elbert Active Member

a bit OT, but the only issue I have with iOS 5.0.1 is that it broke compatibility with my Subaru's iPod adapter.

I hope 5.1 comes soon and delivers the solutions to all our problems.

7. princemon

princemon New Member

hi elbert, my 4s was bought in canada, do you think local apple store will entertain me if i seek help frm them regarding this issue?

8. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

they won't because only official carriers (Globe and Smart by December 16) can and will entertain locally purchased units

9. marku23

marku23 New Member

I just received the unlocked 16gb 4S from Canada last night and went to Globe to get the account transferred to Microsim (blue 128XL SIM for postpaid) and all was working with no problems with signal/network.. so far so good! :) Will take note NOT to update to iOS 5.0.1. Good thing I read it first here in Philmug!

10. princemon

princemon New Member

Hi Elbert, do you know any authorized service centers for iPhone here in the PHL aside from Globe?

11. sonza

sonza Member

4S akin from Canada.

With the impending launch of the iPhone 4S on all networks, this problem should be fixed pretty soon.

I'm updating my working 5.1beta1 to 5.1beta2 that was just released soon enough. hopefully it doesn't regress and bring back the cellular reception problem. :O

12. xob

xob Active Member

my globe signal starting to have no signal again, cannot text and call, is this really problem with the network?

13. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

bro update us :D

btw pwede ba yan kahit walang developer account :)

14. MFB

MFB Member

Are iphone 4 users affected? I just updated to 5.01 yesterday and now experiencing an increase in drop calls and just weaker reception especially with 3g. Certain parts of where I stay are now dead spots when it wasnt with 5.0 On occasion I now get no signal.

15. chizbol

chizbol Member

Havin the same problem but on 4s. I think its a globe issue. This is what happens. 1) I make a call 2) the other party hears me but i cant hear them 3) i call again it goes through. Sometimes it takes 3 calls.

If you have an iphone 4. Switch off 3g. The 4s sucks because there is no option to turn off 3g

16. Rain Man

Rain Man Member

I think its a globe signal problem. Same thing happens to my kids phones - Samsung and myPhone. We are all on globe.

17. princemon

princemon New Member

Hi sonza thanks sa reply, same tayo mine also frm Canada and until now I still can't use it after the 5.0.1 ota update. What are the betas for?

18. MacNeil

MacNeil Member

I just bought my 4S in Oman, I guess galing Dubai to. I updated it to 5.0.1 the moment I activated it. No problem when I was using it in Oman. When I arrived in the Phil, I still used my Oman sim card for 2 days, no prob. I can recieve and send messages using that sim (naka-roaming). I cut my smart sim card to fit the sim tray and replaced my Oman sim card and connected it to iTunes. A pop-up message of Network or carrier software update is available, or something like that. So I updated it. Starting then panay na no service. I changed my sim card to Globe microsim, still the same. I put back my Oman sim card, naging ganon na din! Grrrrrr!
    One thing I noticed, when I updated my 4S to 5.0.1 there was no Personal Hotspot. My friend have it on 4S 5.0.0. After updating the network/carrier here in the Phil, I got that Personal Hotspot and got No Service as well. :((

19. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

This happened to me during the party last saturaday. For three and a half hours, I could not send nor receive text messages or make any calles, BUT, I had data. I was able to get email and alerts from facebook, twitter, etc. I reset it a couple of times, ken, james, and JC all took turns to try to make it work, but nothing happened. Then when I got to Shang, she (my friend) just reset the network settings, and i was like "owwhhh".

20. elbert

elbert Active Member

Please don't confuse iPhone 4S iOS 5.0.1 issues with local telco network issues.