IOS 14 Home Screens

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by GilGrissom, Sep 20, 2020.

1. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Well-Known Member

Now that IOS 14 enables you to "reasonably" personalize our home screens with widgets it would be nice to see how you use this new feature to enhance your workflow and organize your home screen.

Note that android has been sharing hideous home screens since 2008 so this should be a judgement-free thread :)

Sunil_K likes this.
  2. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

Thankful for the app library feature. I just hide all my home screen pages and put widgets. Found my iPhone use more intentional than before (I use it when I need it, then put it away when I don't).

Attached Files:

Sunil_K likes this.
  3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...with the App Library, I deleted all but one app folder and cleaned up my Homescreen. Less is more.

So, it is just the home screen with 2 stacked widgets and the App Libray page.

45A93C05-DFD5-4264-87B6-0BBE32A7848C.jpeg

Love the pinned pinned convo for messages. Saves time.

#3 raypin, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Sunil_K and Shinahashirome like this.
  4. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

5. mree

mree Well-Known Member

I tried doing the shortcuts method but changed it back in less than 10 mins. Opening the apps would route you to shortcuts app first before the main app. Also, too much android looking for my taste. I like to keep my home screen neat. Then widgets remain on the widgets tab.
    76D562D9-CB21-4430-B4DA-5C05CCF26C74.png

ronjet and raypin like this.
  6. raypin

mm..the App library makes editing the home screen possible because it replaces the app folder. Clutter-free is what I did. Widgets are still useful specially with stacking. Pushes info to the user without interacting. And I m sticking with Apple widgets because it has all what I need.

ronjet and Roman like this.
  7. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Also decluttered my Home Screen to one-page. Smart Stack (Calendar, Weather, World Clock) and an App Suggestions widget. That's it. Everything else, I access from the App Library.

Sunil_K, Shinahashirome and raypin like this.
  8. raypin

mm...Apple spends hundreds of millions through their Human Interface Design division perfecting the font and design of the app symbols. The above example is an example of what not to do.

9. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

10. yammie

yammie Member

Here’s mine. Put all messaging apps in front.

Attached Files: