iOS 11

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by textguru, Sep 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 4p0se

4p0se Well-Known Member

Ios 11 on my se still feels the same. Anyone tried iOS 11 on their iPad air? How does it go?

2. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Janzukato likes this.
  3. quintosandrew

quintosandrew New Member

Well according to my observations iPhone SE is good it never slow down whenever there's a big iOS update unlike my previous phones like the 5, 5s, and 6 they've slow down/lag when I updated them to the latest iOS of the latest model.

4. quintosandrew

quintosandrew New Member

Any iPhone 7 users here who already updated their phone to iOS 11? Still thinking if I'll just stay in iOS 10. I already have trauma when it comes to updating my iPhone to the latest iOS, like what happened to my brand new iPhone 6 before when I updated it to iOS 9 lag and choppy animations everywhere as if I've been using my iPhone for years where in fact it was brand new back then. :(

5. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes, it does have roughly the same internals that also powers its larger sibling the iPhone 6s and with the smaller display of the iPhone SE it should have a much easier time chugging along. Maybe we'll get to see a refreshed iPhone SE early next year showing off the internals of the iPhone 7. I can imagine that phone lasting maybe four years without slowing down. :D
    iOS 11 is super smooth on my iPhone 7. Even smoother than iOS 10 in fact. I didn't expect it to be this fluid until perhaps next year when iOS 11.3 or something comes out. But as with most things, your mileage may vary.

If you do upgrade now and end up not liking it, I believe you can still downgrade only as long as your backup isn't overwritten by the time you install iOS 11. The only problem is there's no telling when Apple will stop signing iOS 10. So, the faster you get around experimenting with the new OS upgrade the better chances you have.

#85 Edelheid, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Anmi likes this.
  6. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

A little shallow observation: what’s up with the new signal bars? iOS is starting to look too much like android and vice versa.

Overall, I’m happy I upgraded immediately. There’s really little value waiting for things to ‘stabilize’, especially for newer devices.

mauwrr likes this.
  7. Edelheid

Possibly because of the limited status bar space in the upcoming iPhone X. The previous signal dots would take up more space.

Anmi likes this.
  8. quintosandrew

quintosandrew New Member

I tested it on my iPhone 6 i already saw a bug(?) unlike in the iOS 10 when you turn off the wifi button in the control center it will really turn off even in the settings app but in iOS 11 it only disconnects you to the connection and will coninue to search for other wireless connection, as for the cellular data shortcut if your turn it off it will also deactivate it in the settings app.

9. makinao

makinao Active Member

Will iOS 11 work with iTunes 10.6.2 and OS X 10.9.5? My wife's iPad and iPhone are synched to her 2008 iMac and that's as far as it will go.

10. ment

ment Active Member

Battery drains slightly faster, so far per my use

11. quintosandrew

quintosandrew New Member

what model are you using?

12. suchtambay

suchtambay Member

Updated my iPhone 6 Plus as soon as I saw good feedback. Didnt want to risk a funky update like the last one. So far so good except for my battery drain. It feels like it got worse with iOS 11 but then again, what can I expect from a three year old phone.

13. Edelheid

The current build is still compatible with iTunes 10.6.2.

makinao likes this.
  14. ment

ment Active Member

has anyone tried if the one handed keyboard will work with iPhone 6?

15. mauwrr

mauwrr Active Member

Is it just me or the 3D Touch really feels a little laggy? I’m using 6s. Also, what have they done to the signal bars? :(

16. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

iOS 11 bug report:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Connects to my Sony MDR-X650BT Bluetooth headphone but there is no sound :(

17. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Sad to say but it’s not a bug. Bluetooth & wifi aren’t fully disabled when toggled off in the CC on iOS 11.
    This is confirmed by Apple in this Article.

Apple has clarified that toggling the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth buttons in iOS 11’s redesigned Control Center immediately disconnects the device from Wi-Fi and Bluetooth accessories but leaves both radios running to support these features and devices:

• Apple Pencil
    • Apple Watch
    • AirDrop
    • AirPlay
    • Handoff
    • Instant Hotspot
    • Location Services
    When Wi-Fi is disabled through Control Center, the Auto-Join feature for nearby Wi-Fi networks also gets turned off until:

• You turn Wi-Fi back on in Control Center or Settings
    • You manually connect to a Wi-Fi network in Settings → Wi-Fi
    • You walk or drive to a new location
    • It’s 5am local time
    • The device restarts
    If you toggle Bluetooth off via Control Center, the device instantly disconnects from any accessory it’s connected to (except for Apple Watch, Apple Pencil and Continuity features like Handoff and Instant Hotspot) and won’t be able to re-connect to them until:

• You turn Bluetooth back on in Control Center or Settings
    • You manually connect to a Bluetooth accessory in Settings → Bluetooth
    • It’s 5am local time
    • The device restarts

#97 denpacs, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Anmi, bowman60 and suavecito like this.
  18. ment

ment Active Member

i ran into similar problem. Try to toggle your volume from the cc. It worked for me after half an hour of figuring out and numerous on-off of both bluetooth and phone itself

macjobber likes this.
  19. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Anyone knows how to disable the tone when you press next track or previous track in music app. Annoying to hear that tone in earphones.

20. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Check if it is updating apps - hence the battery drain. Tons of app developers have released updates to support iOS 11. My last check, I had 14 apps updating via WiFi.