iOS 11 Thread

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by textguru, Jun 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Apple has warned developers for years to update their apps to 64-bit. The apps that are still 32-bit are apps that are no longer maintained. There are new alternatives. Move on to newer apps. Besides I’d like the app store cleaned up finally of very old apps.

2. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

I have ios 11 on my ipad pro 9.7, everything seems to hang.
    Also, my home screen wont auto rotate anymore, but all apps still do.

3. yammie

yammie Member

Nope. It's still Beta.

4. yammie

yammie Member

Mine works fine, although I get a lot of lag when opening/closing apps. And Safari Content Blockers are wonky. Sometimes they work, sometimes not.

potpot2 likes this.
  5. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

iOS 11 Control Center is awesome... Toggle for cellular data has easy access.

[​IMG]

Theus likes this.
  6. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

Downloaded this last night and took only 5 minutes.

I like the fact that battery is already accessible via Control Centre, as I always put my iPhone in Low Power Mode when charging.

Overall a slick interface if not for occasional slow down of app performance - I know I know it's still Beta ;)

7. supahdende

supahdende Well-Known Member

Ahh but I really want to try. So good luck to me lol.

8. mree

mree Well-Known Member

You're supposed to give feedback; It's a beta, after all. Imagine if people stopped themselves from saying they don't like something when they're testing.

That's one of the things that you're supposed to do when you're testing a beta software. So instead of saying it's a beta software multiple times, and making yourself believe that it'll be fixed before the final release, a user should ask himself: "What is it that I do not like with this beta?". After determining what you don't like--may it be performance or feature, provide the feedback using the feedback app that comes with the Beta.

#28 mree, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    ronnel0918, oldtimer and amieldh like this.
  9. bacchus_3

@mree, you are both right. What @oldtimer meant was to be responsible using beta builds. You just highlighted what beta testers should do. Not a lot of folks in this thread provide feedback like developers actually testing private beta builds to Apple.

So folks who are excited to try it, beta builds have quirks and flaws. It is actually noted in the release notes which you can find in the download link from Apple. So tread lightly

10. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Perfect! Glad that you know what using a beta version is all about. Not all beta "testers" are like you. Some complain about bugs, etc., without reporting it properly to get it fixed before the release.

11. mojako

mojako Member

Bpi app now hanging on the latest ios11 update ☹️

12. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

@mojako - is this the latest developers update and not yet release on public? If yes then I will skip that beta update.

Although BPI has an update released today

13. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

As a matter of procedure, my team ensures that a test device is dedicated only for new iOS beta versions. This enables us to conduct assessments, performance and compatibility checks on our app to ensure that our customers won't face any issues after installing the release version once made available to the public. I wouldn't even dare to install a beta version on my personal device as I always assume that installed apps might not work properly. If your phone/tablet is used for essential tasks like online banking, navigation, video streaming (with digital rights), stocks or currencies trading, and things like that, it's highly encouraged to check the app's details and ensure that the latest iOS version is supported. If it explicitly specifies that it supports the beta version, it could be your lucky day but it doesn't guarantee at all times. :)

14. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

been waiting for the feature for ages! some even said it's not going to happen.

finally, apple listens to a 3rd world country issue ;)

15. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

@mojako - I updated to IOS 11 Public Beta 2 and my BPI app is working fine. The new beta also is smoother

16. mojako

mojako Member

I updated my bpi app and it is now working with the latest beta ios 11.

Ques to all. Does drag and drop work for you guys?

I tried to drag and drop a photo (from photos) to mail. Didnt work. When i souble click on the home button. The photo disappears.

17. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

anybody already figured out how what to do with notifications? it seems like you can’t “clear” it anymore. swiping left on the notification doesn’t do anything.

18. bacchus_3

I know it's confusing but drag-n-drop per se is only usable on the iPad. Didn't realize the iPhones have multi-select using drag-n-pick when I tried it out.

19. doctornap

doctornap New Member

One important component
    of IOS11 is the auto answer feature for incoming phone calls. It took apple 11 iterations before they added it. Ha ha ha

20. cruzargel

cruzargel Member

Open/3D touch the notif and swipe down to dismiss.

Anyone using the Petron (Value Card) app? Still crashing in PB2.