iOS 10 Official

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by rightnotleft, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ma5te12m1nd

ma5te12m1nd Active Member

2. ralmon

ralmon Member

Been checking friends' phones (esp ip6s owners) running on ios10 and they all have the same sentiments regarding the battery life.
    Hence I'm still sticking with my ip6s on ios 9.2 lol. And I'm still not comfortable with the new bubble style on the notification pane. Feels more cluttered, well it's just me hehe.

But I badly wanted to have the additional 3D touch functionalities of ios 10 :(

Sunil_K likes this.
  3. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Anybody else experiencing a blacked out camera screen when accessing it from the lock screen? So far we've experienced it from an iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. We have to open the phone, click the camera app, close it, and then lock the phone again to open it from there -- all just to get the camera working again.

4. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

iOS 10.1.1 is out

Attached Files:

5. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Any feedback on version 10.1.1?
    I'm still using 9.3.5 and waiting for generally positive feedback before updating

6. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm on iOS 10.1.1 (14B100) and using 3D touch, I can reply to an iMsg that pops up in my locked screen.
    I can then continue the conversation from there, and it's not like it lets me send a single iMsg and it terminates.
    It stays there as long as your phone does not go to Sleep Mode.

Just discovered this today, not sure if this has been a feature of the 6S/6S Plus that has 3D touch too, but I don't think it's very secure.
    So anybody can read the messages sent to me if I left my phone lying about and they can also reply to the sender. :unsure:

7. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

Still hoping for there to be Filipino-English under Dictionary so both languages can be used without the need to switch keyboards. The global keyboard button has got to be among my most used ones taking into account the amount times each day is spent using taglish with my mum. :p

8. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

You can always turn this feature off.

How to Disable Reply to Message from Lock Screen in iOS
    1. Open the “Settings” app on the iPhone or iPad and go to ‘Touch ID & Passcode’, then enter the passcode as usual
    2. Scroll down and locate “Reply with Message” under the Allow Access When Locked section, and toggle the switch to the OFF position
      [​IMG]
    3. Exit Settings as usual, the device will no longer be able to reply to a message from the lock screen without authenticating
    To turn off the notifications entirely, just disable it in Settings > Notifications

sandybridge_guy likes this.
  9. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

Both my iPhone 5s and iPhone 7 are already running iOS 10.1.1 but every time I plug them into my Mac, iTunes keeps prompting me that there's a new update for my phones (both of them).

Also checked for a software update on my phone's (OTA) and it says that my phones are "up to date". Anybody else having this issue?

Attached Files:

eli71724 likes this.
  10. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

We're experiencing the same thing for our iPhone 7 Pluses. We didn't encounter this with our iPhone 6s as we were backing them up last week.

amieldh likes this.
  11. Nikkio96

Nikkio96 Active Member

Yep got the same issue when I was trying to backup on iTunes, even though I updated the iOS for both my iPhone 6 and 7 OTA.

amieldh likes this.
  12. mac_virgin

mac_virgin Member

has anybody tried inserting a different sim to any iPhone running iOS 10? does it automatically connect online? just curious here because im just exploring every possibility of what my stolen iPhone could be doing. hehe.

13. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

i just updated to iOS 10.1.1 and now my 5S' Camera Roll is messed up.

i click on Photos > Albums > Camera Roll - huge swathes of pictures have either been moved to the start or somewhere in the middle of the roll. this causes headaches when trying to pull up a picture i remember taking from a particular month or year.

although Photos > Photos > Collections do show them in correct order, i am more concerned about the Camera Roll since this is where all my pictures resided in chronological order (by date) prior to the update.

can an amigo be so kind as to provide a fix for this please? i'm guessing i'll need my Mac (iTunes) to put the roll back in order but i'd love to hear from you first. many thanks!

14. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

I remember this happening to me, in fact I think some pictures showed up twice. I just deleted everything in Camera Roll since all of them are already captured in the album and I have them auto upload to the cloud, so I am sure that no picture will be lost. But this is just me.

15. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

i appreciate the response amigo! problem is, call me old fashioned but, i just can't bring myself to trust iCloud for my personal stuff... not that i have any pictures or videos to hide for that matter. hehehe! please keep 'em coming! thanks again!

16. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

17. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

From https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1893?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

iOS 10.2

iOS 10.2 introduces new features including the TV app (US Only), a new and unified experience for accessing your TV shows and movies across multiple video apps. Emoji have been beautifully redesigned to reveal even more detail and over 100 new emoji have been added including new faces, food, animals, sports, and professions. This update also includes stability improvements and bug fixes.

TV
    • Use Up Next to see the movies and shows you’re currently watching and pick up where you left off
    • Get recommendations for new movies and TV shows in Watch Now
    • Discover new apps and the latest iTunes releases in the Store
    • Access the Library for your iTunes purchases and rentals
    Emoji
    • Beautifully redesigned emoji that reveal even more detail
    • Over 100 new emoji including new faces, food, animals, sports, and professions
    Photos
    • Improves stabilization and delivers faster frame rate for Live Photos
    • Improves accuracy of groupings of similar photos of the same person in the People album
    • Fixes an issue where Memories might generate a memory from photos of screenshots, whiteboards or receipts
    • Fixes an issue where the camera would stay zoomed in after switching back from the Camera Roll on iPhone 7 Plus
    • Additional support for RAW digital cameras
    • Adds new love and celebration full screen effects in Messages
    • Fixes an issue that sometimes prevented the keyboard from displaying in Messages
    Music
    • Swipe up the Now Playing screen to more easily access Shuffle, Repeat and Up Next
    • Choose how to sort Playlists, Albums, and Songs in Library
    News
    • Stories you’ve saved for later now appear the new Saved section
    • The best paid stories from channels you subscribe to will now appear in a dedicated section in For You
    • It’s now easier than ever to get to the next story, just swipe left or tap Next Story while reading
    Mail
    • Fixes an issue that caused the Move sheet to persist after filing a Mail message
    • Addresses an issue with long press activating copy and paste in Mail
    • Fixes an issue in which the wrong message would be selected after deleting a Mail conversation
    Accessibility
    • Adds BraillePen14 support to VoiceOver
    • Fixes an issue where the braille table could switch unexpectedly with VoiceOver
    • Fixes an issue where sometimes Siri enhanced voices were unavailable to VoiceOver
    • Fixes an issue where VoiceOver users could not re-order items in lists
    • Fixes an issue where Switch Control was sometimes unable to delete Voicemails
    Other improvements and fixes
    • Adds notification support for HomeKit accessories including window coverings, occupancy, motion, door/window, smoke, carbon monoxide, and water leak sensors
    • Adds notification support for HomeKit accessories when software updates are available to HomeKit accessories
    • Improves Bluetooth performance and connectivity with 3rd party accessories
    • Fixes an issue that could cause FaceTime participants to appear out of focus
    • Fixes an issue that could cause FaceTime calls to appear with incorrect aspect ratio and orientation
    • Fixes an issue that prevented some Visual Voicemail from completing playback
    • Fixes a Safari Reader issue that could cause articles to open as empty pages
    • Fixes an issue that could cause Safari to quit unexpectedly after marking an item as read in Reading List
    For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:

https://support.apple.com/HT201222

18. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

I dislike where they're going with the design language of these apps. The new TV app took the same skin as Music and News...

Thank goodness notification center now remembers the last screen that was being viewed before dismissing it. This is easily my single most favourite change in this update. I wasn't totally a fan of it defaulting to notifications every single time even when there's literally nothing to show. It also remembers handily the widget position you're in; so if you exit the notification center while viewing a particular widget, the next time you access it'll be at that same exact spot. A small change, but one that contributes significantly to my workflow.

Bonus: bluetooth icon in the status bar for every bluetooth headphones. Previously reserved for W1-enabled devices only.

#238 Edelheid, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  19. Simbadda

Simbadda Active Member

An updated version of 10.1.1 was released, which can only be downloaded from itunes (ipsw), it was not released OTA.

20. textguru

textguru Active Member

I believe I got iOS 10.1.1 via OTA for my iDevices. Now updating to iOS 10.2