iOS 10 Official

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by rightnotleft, Sep 8, 2016.

1. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

That's odd? My mid-2011 11-inch MBA is now on Sierra and runs pretty smooth. Can't you upgrade to Sierra?

2. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    ^Yup, will probably do an upgrade when I get back to Manila.

3. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

Hello guys, I am experiencing a problem with my iPhone 6s with ios10.0.2. Sometimes the home button is unresponsive. Also when trying to reply to a text from a locked screen (using 3d touch to open) it randomly exits the window while typing. Anyone here exprience this too?

4. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

Ooh I forgot about the Camera app too. Sometimes when I open the camera app, the screen gets frozen and I am unable to take photos unless I close the app via swiping up from multi tasking.

5. Disesaki

Disesaki Member

Anyone with similar issues I've experienced after updating to IOS 10?

1. Data usage has skyrocketed due to the default settings of wifi assist and background refresh. I think it is still using too much data even with those turned off.

2. Whenever doing hard reset/restart, I see a pink screen instead of the usual black screen as the phone turns off.

6. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

Mine is green while doing a hard reset. But the green block is only visible on the lower part of the screen

Disesaki likes this.
  7. gabobito

gabobito Member

Anyone having problems with viber? I don't know if viber is the problem or not, but ever since I updated to ios10, I don't receive as much notification from viber for new messages. Instead I have to open the app and check if I have new messages. When I open the app, that is the only time the new messages come in

8. arubeto

arubeto Member

No
    Now that you mentioned it, i opened viber and lo i got a message from yesterday. I don't frequently use viber anyway but i thought that issue got resolved as a few days after i updated to ios 10, i can receive messages without having to open the app. So it looks like i still have the same issue

9. mrkcee

mrkcee New Member

Not having that issue... maybe you can check if Background App Refresh is switched off for Viber?

10. gabobito

gabobito Member

It is on. I did another hard reset, hopefully it will fix the issue. I don't know if my internet is the problem, but I never had this problem before in ios 9

11. vtf

vtf Active Member

A blank screen sometimes appears when Mail is in landscape. irritating a times but can be easily fixed by turning the phone to portrait then back to landscape

12. mykelangelo

mykelangelo Member

Ios 10 cannot detect the number of battery cycles charged by iphone and ipad.(Iphone 5 and above).. I hope apple can fix this issue. Ios 9.5 on my iphone 4s can detect the battery cycle.

13. Simbadda

Simbadda Active Member

Not an iOS 10 bug, but an API restriction imposed by Apple

14. civic05

civic05 Active Member

guys,
    any work around on backing up your iPhone,i don't have enough space on my for the files from my iPhone, hence, i could not back up, could i have an external drive as a path for the files on my iPhone? then also be able to retrieve them when i need to? tia!

15. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Bro, external drive then choose it as your main iTunes library. I also did copied all my photos on Photos and deleted it on my iPhone.

16. papajamba

papajamba Member

I really feel IOS 10 is buggy.
    Text messages and threads get deleted. Happened to me twice.
    Keyboard doesn't pop-up in a few apps.
    Home button doesn't unlock the lock screen at times.
    Camera hangs at times.

17. arubeto

arubeto Member

I actually do not remember turning it on even on ios 9 as i have always been conscious about battery life. I have read somewhere that this is one of the things i can switch off to save battery but i still receive notifications without having to open viber, same with fb app

18. alanis_junkie

alanis_junkie Well-Known Member

one annoying bug for me (at least) is the status bar on top disappears sometimes. can't figure out when, i think randomly? i don't have any fix other than restarting my phone, which annoys me coz some minor settings are reset e.g. touch id esp in apple store..etc.

19. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

20. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Another update. I hope this fixes the crazy battery hog on my iPhone 6.