Inverter aircons and other appliances. Huge savings on electricity bill?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by fanman, Jan 28, 2012.

1. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

I suggest go for the 1.

raypin and jlconferido like this.
  2. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

More than enough in my experience.

3. armerc

armerc New Member

good afternoon. mind if you mention the model of your LG? thanks

4. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

5. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

Has anyone tried the Samsung Wind-free split-type airconditioners? How was your experience like? Will you recommend it?

6. abielbad

abielbad Active Member

I might soon be getting a Daikin Inverter D-Smart Queen 1.5HP for our living room. Planned usage is about 8-10 hours during work from home times. Just securing final approval from the "commander-in-chief"

But for the bed-rooms I'm still keeping my non-inverter Mabe's. As usage is just at night for around 3-4 hours during this summer and 2-hours on cooler season.

7. macfrancis

macfrancis Member

My first inverter aircon was Panasonic (more than 10 years old and got no issues). Now I got 4 Panasonic Aircon inverters at home plus my fridge was also Panasonic.

Aircon cleaning once a year.

raypin likes this.
  8. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

How about the Matrix brand? Any reviews? It's relatively cheaper than the other brands.

9. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

Happy with my 8 cubic feet LG inverter ref. 3 years and has not given me any problems. Due to the pandemic, i have been cooking and keeping more food in the ref which at times have me wishing to have a larger capacity refrigerator. Looking to upgrade to bigger size inverter ref 16-20cu ft. to take into account my change in lifestyle and now going to be married.

Any thoughts on Panasonic inverter + econavi refrigerators? deciding between these two refrigerators:-

Panasonic NR-DZ600GKPH 19.4 cu.ft. Multi Door | No Frost | Inverter + Econavi
    ₱67,999
    https://www.abenson.com/panasonic-nr-dz600gkph.html

or

LG GR-A702HLHU 19.4 cu.ft Top Mount Door In Door Inverter
    ₱42,995
    https://www.abenson.com/gr-a702hlhu.html

I guess my budget cap is at 70k.

Any thoughts is appreciated.

Thank you.

10. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

^ Our LG is similar to the one above, only it's 15 cu-ft. I have never had an issue with it in the last 3 or 4 years.

Quest4dgoodlife likes this.
  11. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

May i ask if you have it connected to a ups/avr? And or how many brownouts on average you get in a year?

12. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

https://www.lg.com/ph/refrigerators/lg-GR-C222SWCN

That is the model that i have, 8 cu. ft. - 3 years and 6 months not connected to a ups or avr. no brownouts (maybe 2 or 3x in that span as well). live in a condo and if there's a power interruption (for maintenance, etc.) the backup generator powers some of my lights, and includes the refrigerator.

So i'm leaning towards more to the LG but i prefer the black colored panasonic. as mine is currently black also.

13. oj88

No AVR or UPS on our ref. Power is relatively stable here.

We don't typically get brownouts a lot, unless there's a storm raging (ie. Rolly and Ulysses) that could be affecting the high-voltage transmission lines.

I took out my server UPS event logs for the last two months and it recorded just a few power fluctuations (surges, brownouts, frequency deviations), most of which only the UPS can see. It included the blackout on Nov. 12, while Ulysses was doing its bidding.

[​IMG]

14. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

6C58BA75-122B-4D66-9E91-933395369EE5.jpeg
    The AC cleaners broke my split type, and I was planning on changing it to a floor standing. Looks like my plans were accelerated. Turns out getting a floor mount was hard to find. The only one available was this Panasonic 3hp. There’s a cover on top that automatically opens or closes when you turn it on or off. I’m happy I found a Panasonic, cause I have an old floor standing panasonic that’s still working for over 24 years.

raypin likes this.
  15. ponpon

ponpon Active Member

Has anyone tried multi split inverter ACs from Daikin or Panasonic? How's the cooling performance, after sales support, and energy efficiency?

Current options are 1 outdoor with 4 indoor units OR 2 outdoor with 2 indoor units each. My main concern on the 1 outdoor unit with 4 connected indoor units is if the outdoor unit breaks down, all rooms will be without AC.

TIA

16. oj88

If it can be helped, split it (no pun intended).

50% capacity A/C is still better than no A/C.

17. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

I recently had my Daikin cleaned. This time, I decided to try Daikin PH directly and inquired if they provide cleaning services: https://www.daikin.com.ph/services/service-centers-metro-manila
    The price was twice what I used to pay my previous AC cleaning service but the technicians they provided were really professional and knew what they were doing. They came with all the necessary tools and equipment e.g. they have a device for measuring freon levels, thermal guns for measuring temperature, ladders, buckets, rags, pressure washer, and cleaning agents. I was really satisfied with their service.

Comparing them to my usual cleaners, my usual usually don't have a ladder, buckets, or any cleaning supplies. They would often times not have the plastic lining for wrapping around the indoor unit. It's fortunate that I usually have large garbage bags they could use instead.

raypin likes this.