Inverter aircons and other appliances. Huge savings on electricity bill?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by fanman, Jan 28, 2012.

1. manerdie

manerdie Active Member

I agre with donsiapno, better to be overpower. That way, you wont be pushing the compressor to work all the time...
    Try to maintain your temp at 20deg all the time

2. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Compared to the EnergyStar Guide the Abenson Guide appears to overload the AC.

Two of our rooms are 17m^2 and we use 2.0HP window ACs. In one room I run the AC at low fan and 24C for blanket-less sleeping.

I am starting to worry that my putting a 2.5HP inverter ACs may be underloading them overly.

If it means power bills being slashed by over 50% then good!

3. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

For everyone's benefit there are shops that sells a 2.5 LG HS-4ISI split inverter AC for P37,500 without install and materials. Although I mentioned I needed three units.

I do hope underloading the AC because the room is small will not cause crazy power bills.

4. berniedd

berniedd Member

It will not, since the compressor turns off once desired temperature is reached. An underpowered unit will consume less power per unit time but take longer to reach desired room temp. In terms of physics, removing a specified amount of heat in the room uses a specified amount of energy (work). The amount of work is the same, whether you have a large or a small compressor. The difference is that the larger compressor will get the work done sooner and turn itself off more quickly (also, more "rest" = hopefully longer appliance life).

5. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

You read his reply wrong. He said that he intends to underload the A/C. Meaning, the A/C has more capacity than what is required to cool the room.

6. REDcrazy

REDcrazy Well-Known Member

Are there Inverter window-type A/C units or are they all split-type?

7. r_delro

r_delro Member

There are window type inverters already namely hitachi, carrier and fujidenzo. The problem lies with the cost. It's more expensive than the split type inverter airconditioners even if you include installation. Aside from that, it has bigger dimensions compared to standard window types. It's still practical to purchase the more common split type inverters.

8. r_delro

r_delro Member

Better have your place surveyed by the installer first before purchasing the units. Their reco is not solely based on size of room but also from other aspects such as heat sources, lighting, size of windows, ceiling height, and how many people occupy the room. You might be spending unnecessarily by putting a high powered ac in a small room. If a 2 hp unit can do the job adequately, you will save on unit price also.
    Edit: i backread and saw your post that you are currently using a 2hp conventional a/c. Usually, an inverter aircon will need a higher hp capacity as compared to conventional a/c. Thus, 2.5 hp would be better.

9. Reepicheep

Reepicheep Member

OT: Where do you have your inverter units cleaned? 'Authorized' installers are charging way too much--mostly 2500 per unit.

10. Reepicheep

Reepicheep Member

For 2.0hp, what models are bang for buck?

I'm looking at the new Panasonic models, 44k for CS-S18PKQ. While the similar at models at LG (HS-18ISM) are only at 37k. :confused:

11. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member

12. Reepicheep

Reepicheep Member

Update:

We checked the appliance stores in Binondo and got these prices from World Central along Quintin Paredes:

Panasonic
    1.5hp - CS-S12PKQ - 37000
    2.0hp - CS-S18PKQ - 44,000

LG
    2.0hp - HS-18ISM - 33,200
    2.0hp -HS-18IPM - 37,900

Plus ~5000 for bracket and installation

13. joms

joms Member

Guys question.

Given: 15sqm room / 1computer / 1x 50" TV

I plan to buy either a 2HP split type Panasonic Inverter Deluxe Aircon or a 2.5HP one kasi mainitin akong tao. I plan to set it to 22 degrees and let it run for around 8 hours a day (night time)

Question: How much ang additional cost ng 2HP and ng 2.5HP sa monthly bill ko? Malaki ba ang madadagdag sa extra monthly bill ko if I get the 2.5HP as against the 2HP version? Gusto ko kasi mabilis lumamig yung 15sqm room which is why I am thinking of the 2.5HP pero some say na sobra na daw nga ang 2HP kasi for 15sqm, tama na daw ang 1.5HP.

FYI, right now I am using a 2HP Window type NON-inverter Carrier aircon and malamig naman sya. I just want to get an inverter type para maka save sa monthly bill pero I don't want to feel hot naman kasi madaming nagsasabi na mahina ang inverter vs non-inverter

14. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

just to share, our room is about 18-19sqm, and we are using a 1.5hp carrier inverter. even at max settings its having a hard time cooling the room during the day, especially at noon.

15. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Wow, I didn't know that inverter AC units aren't as "powerful" than non-inverter units.

I'm guessing then that you have to pay the piper, if you really want to get the "coolness" that you want.

Still using a non-inverter unit, our bill isn't that bad, and I'm not complaining with how it cools our room. I end up waking up in past midnight because I have to turn it off, because we're freezing. Though when March-April came along, we end up turning it on again around 4AM. (Dunno if that's not being efficient, though)

16. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

One of our rooms at the house is 22sqm with a 2hp Panasonic inverter. When I use it by myself, I can keep the thermostat at 26; when there's a crowd I bring it down to 24, or at its coldest, 22. I believe that's partly because the room doesn't get heated by direct sunlight during the day, so the room is naturally cool already.

Two bedrooms are 17sqm each, both cooled by 1.5hp Panasonic inverters. With just one occupant, we usually keep the thermostat at 24, sometimes even raising it to 26 when we feel it's a bit cold. One wall has sliding doors which gets exposed to sun in the afternoon.

17. 31gna

31gna Active Member

What's a good window-type inverter aircon nowadays? looking for a small one, both in HP and size, for my daughter's room (10sqm).

18. tyler durden

tyler durden Member

1hp will do and get a panasonic...

19. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

panasonic now has window type inverter air cons? Where? TIA

20. panis

panis Well-Known Member

We have a Carrier 2.5 HP split type inverter aircon for our living/dining room measuring 35 sqm. It is comfortably cool at 22 degrees even when my daughter is baking.