Intel iMac 24" LCD problem: dark spots/smudges

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kaloyster, Mar 10, 2010.

1. lei77

lei77 Member

I got the same issues here with my imac 21.5 i3. First i experienced condensation and then the next week after the incident, smudges appeared on the top left. Which apple care center did you send you mac for repair? thanks.

2. mischibooze

mischibooze Member

power mac center in trinoma provides great service. i went there a few days ago to ask about the blotches on my imac screen and they told me that it's most likely burn marks and that the LCD might have to be replaced. they know their stuff.

3. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Take note guys that all the PM centers bring their repair to their main service center in San Juan. If you want faster service (and you are not too far) it is probably best to bring it directly there. :)

#43 Salaryman Ryan, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  4. errell

errell New Member

I'm just doing some graphics and just browsing. Working 3-6 hours a day inside an airconditioned room. I was told it was the (lcd) hardware problem. Some had this recurring problem, they changed it for 4x. Good thing, within the 1-year warranty period.

5. lei77

lei77 Member

hi guys. just to give updates regarding my imac issue, i brought it back to digital hub where i bought my imac. They called me 2 days ago and told me that apple rejected the lcd replacement. I called directly to the Apple Singapore to reconsider. They told me at Digital Hub Service Center provided the pictures of what has happened in my imac. Apple told me that photos are not enough. Further diagnosis from the technician must be done. I called Digital Hub to give updated on what the Apple Hotline told me. Busy pa daw ang nag hhandle ng case ko and will look on it when he's free. Duh. My imac's been there since nov. 18. I'll bring it to Trinoma instead or in San Juan directly. I am very disappointed. To think i just bought my imac to them 4 months ago lang.