installing World Book Encyclopedia...from iBook G4 Software Install Disks

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by alfiesy, Jul 20, 2004.

1. alfiesy

alfiesy Active Member

I just purchased a second hand iBook G4 and noticed that Deimos Rising, World Book Encyclopedia, and Tony Hawk were removed. How do I reinstall these programs from the Software Install Disks without reinstalling the entire system?

Thanks for any help on this

2. bagwis

bagwis Active Member

3. alfiesy

alfiesy Active Member

never mind... found the Software Restore Program

Ignore this post guys...found the Software Restore Program on the bundled disks.

4. bagwis

bagwis Active Member

You might not want to use that or else you would have to redo your System Software updates. Download galore!

But of course, it's all up to you. A good clean install would be a better option.

5. bok

bok New Member

Were you able to selectively install only the ones you want? Or were you forced to restore the whole shebang?

6. alfiesy

alfiesy Active Member

I didn't install OS X, just the applications. It installed Sound Studio and Appleworks which I deleted after.