Innova fuel tank capacity

Discussion in 'General OT' started by pnx, Sep 4, 2012.

1. pnx

pnx Member

It says in the specs that it's 55 liters. How come sometimes it reaches up to 67 liters when I try to fill up full tank. It couldn't be under delivery cause I bought a 1.5 liter plastic bottle & sakto lang ang Or is it really they have an allowance?

2. tapnclick1940

tapnclick1940 PhilMUG Addict Member

It probably has about 10 liters more for the reserve.

3. itnetad

itnetad Active Member

^ I agree some has 5 liters reserve like my car

4. braindeadph

braindeadph Member

Capacity is 55 liters even with the 2012 model

5. DATC

DATC Member

67 liters is a large difference from the stated 55 liter capacity, even with the reserve allowance. Does this happen in one gas station only or have you experienced it with different stations?

6. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

The 67L is probably the 55L + 10L Reserve capacity. Interpretation of the rated capacity vs. actual capacity can be different from one manufacturer to another.

On my Civic for instance, the written fuel tank capacity is 50L. When it goes down to just 10L (+/- 2L), the fuel empty warning indicator lights up. So in my case, it's actually 40L + 10L reserve that comprises the whole 50L tank capacity.

Also, the way the full-tank is achieved can also affect how much fuel comes in. I would like to think that the manufacturers measured the capacity of the tank utilizing the automatic shut-off of the fuel nozzle when the prescribed level of fuel is achieved. If the gas boy manually topped-up fuel "up to the brim", you may perceive this as the tank being larger than what's written on the manual, when in fact they have already over-filled the gas tank.

By the way, over-filling may damage the charcoal canisters on many gasoline-fed vehicles.

7. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

For my 2007 Innova, the most I've filled up with the yellow low fuel warning light on is 51 liters--49 liters "automatic stop" + around 2 liters additional "sagad"--which I believe is consistent with the 55liter rated capacity. I have not filled up totally empty.

8. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

This informative. My wife id driving a 2011 Innova.

9. zoo101

zoo101 Well-Known Member

whenever i gas up, i always ask the attendants to fill up the tank, "automatic" lang. otherwise they will fill-up the tank to the brim, as in kita na nila yung gas sa tank. that probably accounts for the difference between specs and actual capacity

10. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

In my experience, as I mentioned above, that's only about 2 liters difference between automatic and filled to the brim. The 67 liters the thread starter mentioned is 12 liters above rated capacity. It's possibly the reserve capacity that has been mentioned above.

11. knight_vincent

Just went to the Toyota website and saw that the fuel capacity is only 55 liters but it doesn't says there if that includes the 10 liter reserve, so probably that's not yet included.