importing contacts to mail

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by bugs, Sep 17, 2009.

1. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

hi is there an easy way of importing contacts in your address book to mail? what i do is i have to put the contact in desktop then import it in mail. in windows i think you can just right click the contact then there's an option to add it to your outlook. i can't seem to find the short cut for mac. thanks!

2. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

There's no need. As long as it's in your Address Book it's supposed to show up in Mail.

EDIT: Sorry, wasn't reading it right. Ok, load all your contacts into Address Book. It should now appear in Mail.
    If you have Snow Leopard, it can even get your contacts from Google or Yahoo.

Leo

3. bugs

Supporter

thanks sir, sorry what i meant was how do i import the contact in the message? (not in the to: or cc: field). like for example i'm composing a letter, & i want to insert a contact i have in my address book to the body of the letter. is there a shortcut to insert it? thanks! :)

4. skinhead

skinhead Active Member

drag and drop from address book to mail?

5. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

or you can synchronize with yahoo, gmail or mobile me. open Address Book App and go to pref.on the accounts tab.

6. bugs

Supporter

doh! (slaps hand on forehead) ofcourse! i was trying on different combinations on clicking the contact (shift-click, alt-click command-click etc). i didn't think there was a simpler way to do it hehe :p thanks! :p

7. mmarc

mmarc Member

guys, I have a similar question..

how or is it possible to add/synchronize all the email addresses from my email in Mail to Address Book?

thanks