Importing AVI into Photos app

Discussion in 'Yosemite (10.10)' started by ivebeenmugged, Jun 24, 2015.

1. ivebeenmugged

ivebeenmugged Member

HELP. I've been taking a lot of videos lately, but in AVI format. Now, I'm looking for the best and easiest work flow to import these AVI files from my camera to my laptop and into the Photos app. I've heard of some apps that will convert it but hesitant to do so for the following reasons:

1. Will converting them result in a loss of quality?
    2. I don't know what format is best to convert to.
    3. I used to enjoy just plugging it in and importing. Is there an automated way to do so?

Hope you can help. I'm itching to empty out my camera.

PS. Am I the only one who hates the transition from iPhoto to Photos app? One day, I just noticed my iPhoto was gone.