imovie requires Quartz extreme

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by davaeno88, Nov 20, 2009.

1. davaeno88

davaeno88 Member

I experienced a problem with my iMovie App. I rarely use it but I've used it a couple of times in the past.

Tried to open it just now and this message pops out:

"Quartz Extreme Required. iMovie requires a graphics card that is compatible with Quartz Extreme. One or more of your graphics card does not support Quartz Extreme."

I checked my System Profiler and under Graphics and display it says Quartz Extreme: not supported.

I was able to use iMovie in the past. So I am not sure what changed.

Help please. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. hitman

hitman Member

It's quite possible that you're using a G4 machine and that you updated your iLife or your OS since the last time you used iMovie?

3. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

What are the specs of your computer and the video card you have?

4. davaeno88

davaeno88 Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I am happy to report that the problem is solved. . . actually it just went away.

I opened it again yesterday and it's working again. I checked my System profiler and it says Quartz Extreme Supported.

Just a hiccup I guess. Am using a black Macbook by the way, 2.4 GHz. 2 GB I'm usually updated though still using Leopard.