iMessage

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by jcsantamarina, Oct 13, 2011.

1. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

you must toggle on "send as sms" - send as sms when imessage is unavailable. carrier messaging rates may apply

2. memphis

memphis Well-Known Member

Thanks bhoyet. But I don't really see that toggle option on my Settings>Messages
    [​IMG]

3. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

could you try toggling the on/off of the imessage, maybe that would work. if i tun off the imessage, i would have the exact layout as yours (except the toggle switch of my imessage is off), but if i turn on the imessage, it would wait for activation & then have an option to send as sms below imessage.

4. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

[​IMG]

4s on iOS6

5. chizbol

chizbol Member

The reason may be that the account you use for imessage is ONLY your email and not your phone number or both.

Look at the part where it says send/receive. Does it have your phone number or email or both?

[​IMG]

6. wem272

wem272 Active Member

I love imessage. The one feature that ties me to the mac ecosystem.

7. memphis

memphis Well-Known Member

It's okay now. I just toggle on/off the iMessage. I already see the send as sms option. I have 2 on the received options, my number and email.

Thanks PhilMUG!

8. engrmariano

engrmariano Member

hi, i would like to tell an incident and ask for your opinion about it...

yesterday, my wife received a imessage from our friend, but our friend did not sent the message. if you'll look at our friends phone, it looks like she sent the imessage coz the message bubble is colour blue. how's this possible? :confused:

btw, we're from s'pore and the suspected poser is from the phil...

9. Marianne

Marianne Member

The blue bubble is the one from the owner of the device. If it appears blue on your friend's phone, the message must have come from (one of) his device(s).

10. MacNeil

MacNeil Member

Hi Guys.

My iMessage is working well. In fact, I'm iMessaging a friend when my wife texted me and said that I'm unavailable. A pop up message appeared on her iPhone saying "*Recipient* is Unavailable. This person cannot be reached by Imessage at this time."
    She did everything (I guess) by turning the router on and off, log in/off on iMessage, reset the phone, etc. But still she cannot send an iMessage to me. FT is also not working by the way, it says poor connection.
    Help please.

TIA.

11. chizbol

chizbol Member

If she did everything like you said, there's your answer right there.

12. MacNeil

MacNeil Member

^ we've been troubleshooting that for half a day. but there's no problem when sending emails using wifi. emails are sent immediately.

13. chizbol

chizbol Member

Try resetting network settings on the device

14. retsckor

retsckor Member

i am having a problem with imessage and facetime as well... after upgrading to IOS6, my imessage has been malfunctioning..

sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt... the sending bar above gets until its 98% full, but the message never sends... its weird because sometimes, it sends without any problem...

i tried everything already from restoring, to restarting, network settings, etc...

does anyone else have a solution for this??

messages work fine on my mac, and imessage works fine on my new ipod, and new ipad.. both are running ios 6 as well..

could this be a hardware issue??? i am able to do everything online over wifi except imessage and facetime

hope someone could help.

15. MacNeil

MacNeil Member

tried this. the weird part is even the ipad is having the same issue now.

16. queen786

queen786 New Member

Hi! I have two iphones (3gs and 4) that share an apple ID. I use the 4 and my hubby uses the 3gs. When I activated imessage in both phones, a conversation made in the iphone 4 will show in the 3gs. Does this mean that imessage between devices will only work if they have different apple IDs?

17. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Or you could just choose your own phone #s instead of your apple id for iMessage.

18. queen786

queen786 New Member

How do I do that? So sorry...am newbie with iphone matters. :)

19. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive

Click on your Apple ID and Sign Out. That way, iMessages will only be sent to your phone number.

20. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member