iMessage Verification Problem

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by Adarna, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

There was a notice sent via sms by Globe that iMessage activation will be charged which started last August 2016. Try calling the hotline and ask for possible reversal. These are valid charges as per Globe's system.

shutterbug likes this.
  2. drdom

drdom Member

iMessage on my wife's iPhone won't activate.

It has been working fine since she got her 6 plus more than a year ago; the problem started 2 weeks ago when the phone prompted her to change her Apple ID password for unknown reasons. So she changed it and after that iMessage and FaceTime won't activate.

I've tried several troubleshooting solutions; reset network settings, log in and out the Apple ID, the Airplane mode solution, restart the phone etc etc and even a phone restore.

I've now called Globe and they say they'll do a "realignment". Not sure what that means.

Is there any possibility that this is a hardware issue?
    Any other solution?

Specifics:

iPhone 6 Plus on latest iOS.
    Post paid
    No account restrictions. Call and texting activated.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

#82 drdom, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  3. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

I have the same problem. Tried everything on google and nothig seems to work.

4. drdom

drdom Member

I spoke with Apple earlier today and they were very pleasant to speak with. None of that hurried tone I get when speaking with Globe CSR...
    Anyway, according to Apple there seems to be no problem with my Apple ID account. They further informed me that they have not received any activation attempts (which I have done numerous times).

I then called Globe CSR (again the hurried tone coming from someone unsure of what they're doing) and asked if my account has been charged international texts, and their reply was none; which is suspicious since each attempt at activating should be billed with an equivalent international text charge. Feeling that my international texts might be restricted, I ask about any restrictions on my account; particularly international messages - no restrictions.

I am now going to attempt another restore while keeping all my fingers and toes crossed.

Wish me luck!

Janzukato likes this.
  5. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

Try shutting down your phone, removing your sim card, then put it back in, wait like 5 minutes, then power on the phone.

6. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

Haha. Please hit me back if you get the iMessage working again. We have exactly the same situation. I think i've toggled the iMessage button more than a hundred times already and not a single international text was charged to me as well.

For now i'll just settle with my apple ID email. Goodluck! ☺

7. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

How was it? Any luck?

8. drdom

drdom Member

Still no luck... It's been almost a month and my wife and I have a trip to the US coming up. We really need iMessage to work on her phone.
    So now we've brought the phone to Globe and they couldn't fix it as well. They ended up having Apple call me up while I was there. Apple wasn't much of any help too.

I did notice though that when the tech guy at Globe activated iMessage on my wife's phone, I got a message from Apple on my phone that my number is now being used on another iPhone.

Is it possible that 2 numbers are under a single Apple ID and the system is now having a difficult time discerning which one to use?
    iMessage and FaceTime is working with no problems.

9. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

better get a prepaid sim and try activating from it.

10. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

Mine is still not fixed as well. I also tried using the new sim card that i got from recontracting last november.

I gave up and used my apple ID instead. I've called apple hotline as well and still they can't do anything about the problem.

I know it has something to do with globe's side. It's actually pretty easy to activate iMessage using the apple ID but no luck using my phone number.

#90 Janzukato, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  11. chandlerparsons

Switch to telegram, man.

12. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

A co-worker has been having problems as well with iMessage activation. She can use iMessage using her Apple ID, but not her phone number. Coincidentally, she's a Globe sub too. I advised her to check with Globe if she's been barred from sending international SMS

13. drdom

drdom Member

I have tried that as well. Also got a new SIM from Globe with the same number.

I have also tried using the SIM in another phone.

No luck still.

Janzukato likes this.
  14. drdom

drdom Member

Sorry to hear you're on the same boat as I am.

How long have you had this problem? Mine started 2nd week December of last year.

15. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

Around last week of November last year. It used to be working properly prior to that.

I dunno what happened after that. I've exerted all efforts to fix this. It got so frustrating already that i just settled being contented with just my apple ID.

I use whatsapp and messenger more than i use iMessage anyways.

16. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

17. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

agree, this method works for me

settings>general>language & region>region, change the region from US to Philippines and after few seconds imessage and facetime already activated:)

18. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

Tried this already and still nada. Thanks though! ☺

19. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

My officemate got hers activated and is now using iMessage with her mobile number again thanks to this thread. I suggested she check with Globe if she's been barred from sending international SMS. Turns out her account's international SMS was disabled. Once she got Globe to enable it, she was able to activate her iMessage right after

Janzukato likes this.
  20. hokage6

hokage6 Active Member

so we can deactivate international sms pala. gonna call them kasi every month nalang ako machacharge ng activation sms "daw" for facetime and i don't really use it.