iMessage Verification Problem

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by Adarna, Nov 8, 2015.

1. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Globe is now starting to charge iMessage and FaceTime activation. i accidentally turned off my iMessage last September and turned it on afterwards then my bill came and was wondering how did i end up having an international sms charge of 18 pesos. then i remembered it might be from the activation of iMessage and FaceTime so be extra careful you might end up with plenty of charges.

Fervish likes this.
  2. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

Globe is having problem with activation starting ios 9.1
    And mysteriouly i experienced having my iMessage turned off by itself twice already.
    And now i cant turn it on keep getting error message. And this is happening to my two iphones and one ipad.

3. kitten^

kitten^ Member

Same here. iMessage turned off by itself earlier today. Can't enable it. It says that I need to have cellular data or wi-fi to activate iMessage. Yes, I do have active cellular data. :(:(:(

4. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Same here! I disabled it until someone here will post that it's working again.

5. witch_md

witch_md Active Member

It's working again. I activated my sister's phone this morning, and it did so, immediately in fact, as in very little waiting time.

6. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

It won't activate until now for me.

7. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Two weeks and counting and my iMessage won't just activate. I called Globe but agents don't have any idea what is iMessage. One agent told me to uninstall and install my iMessage. Another told me to search Google instead.

Attached Files:

8. aligonzales

aligonzales New Member

I don't think this is a Globe problem. I experienced this a few times on different iOS devices. On some occasion I was logged out of iMessage then waited for a few days before it reactivated. On another device, my mom had to wait two weeks before iMessage and Facetime could successfully activate.

On my Apple TV, I am having difficulty logging in again if I logout (I use two apple I.D's, one PH and one US)

I guess apple has server or network issues.

9. antski

antski Well-Known Member

try to call Apple's Toll-free Globe hotline (1-800-89088277) using your mobile phone.

10. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

I updated to iOS 9.2 this morning and my iMessage (Globe num) was finally activated.

11. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

having trouble activating my wife's imessage and facetime (sun cellular) since i've restored from iphone 5 to iphone 6 plus for couple of days and got solution;

settings>general>language & region>region, change the region from US to Philippines and after few seconds imessage and facetime already activated:)

you will loose news app but you can get it back by changing again the region from Philippines to US then restart your iphone

hope this helps to activate your imessage and facetime

by the way, when i try activating last sunday, got a lot of text messages from infotext (can figured out since the text were just series of number, letters and special characters) and i guess it was from sun cellular. i'll just wait for the billing and see if they will charge on activating the imessage and facetime:confused:o_O

12. saibot

saibot Member

Ill try this, hope it'll works, mines got deactivated after i restored backup from my old phone... :( this sucks...

13. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

I just got a new iPad mini, and I'm having trouble signing into iMessage and FaceTime. I went online to find out what's wrong, and I found some solutions but nothing seems to work. I've tried all the solutions outlined in this thread, but nada.

I mainly connect through my PLDT MyDSL wired account and my Smart's cellphone account. Both apps were activated and works fine with my iMac, MBP, iPad 3 and iPhone, but it doesn't seem to work on the iPad mini. Keeps telling me there was an error activating the apps for a couple of days now. The net says to turn off iMessage and FaceTime, then turn them on again and that should fix it, but you have to activate the darn things first before you can do that, and that's just my problem.

I've tried everything I could think of:
    • Tried different wifi providers;
    • Turned it off and on;
    • Hard-restarted the device;
    • Tried different DNSes;
    • Reset the network settings;
    • Wiped it clean and reinstalled iOS;
    • Changed my region from the Philippines to the US and back;
    • Auto-detected the Time Zone (the web said this would work, but didn't);
    • and a bunch of other wacky solutions.
    Additionally, both my Gmail and Yahoo email accounts refuse to be verified and show a "Pending" status, although all my other emails accounts are OK, including my personal mail server and iCloud and Apple accounts.

What could be wrong? I'm stumped. Would appreciate any help.

14. MaquiCahigas

MaquiCahigas New Member

15. MaquiCahigas

MaquiCahigas New Member

I have the same problem but its in the opposite network. Ive tried putting globe sims on my iphone and imessages and facetime worked easilly but when i put in the smart sim it wont activate. It just keeps saying "There was an error while activating iMessages". Is there a problem with my phone? I already bought many smart sims but it still doesnt work

16. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

You have to have atleast 20.00 load if prepaid as the other network charges iMessage activation. Unlike globe, both prepaid and postpaid are free.

17. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

I got a text message from Globe this month that they will start charging international SMS charges for activating iMessage.

18. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should go to a Smart office and have them check the SIM on your iPad mini?

19. shutterbug

shutterbug Member

Has anybody found a solution to this? My sis-in-law's globe postpaid was just charged Php370 for 40 iMessage/Facetime Activations.

20. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

I was charge roughly around 100 PHP, but it is because I remove and inserted different SIM in my iPhone, I think I done it 4 or 5 times in one month.

shutterbug likes this.