iMessage Verification Problem

Discussion in 'Globe Telecom' started by Adarna, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

Using iOS 8.3 and then 9.1 I am getting a verification problem with my Globe number. Instead of a check beside the number I get a spinning ball.

It keeps spinning continuously.

I can send and receive messages through iMessage.

This problem probably caused my account not being able to get a verification code to forward SMS to my iPad and Mac.

I am able to get a data connection via PLDT Fibr through wifi to enable iMessage rather than the Globe number's 3G connectivity.

2. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

Anyone?

3. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

I think you should go to consult your iPhone network provider thread here just search it.

4. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Had this issue for the last 2 days.

and for some reason its now working

Tried multiple troubleshooting reset network / Reset phone etc

out of the blue it worked

5. warped

warped Member

i believe Globe had a network issue over the weekend. experienced the same thing last Saturday. it was fixed the next day.

6. chaddictMac

chaddictMac Member

Had the same issue after getting my new 6s+. I just selected the "reset all settings" after syncing from backup. Then I just logged in my apple id account and leave it. Then within the day it was ok.

hitme64 likes this.
  7. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^that seems to be the best solution so far, guys...

8. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

Under iMessage's "Sent & Receive" my SIM's number is not greyed out nor have a spinning wheel. Alas I cannot tap the number to assign a check beside it.

I am unsure if this is in connection to this problem but I do not receive the code to activate Text Message Forwarding under iMessage.

9. Adarna

Adarna Active Member

I think Globe's system got overwhelmed by the activation of iMessage on the new iPhones.

My phone number got activated and Text Message Forwarding code got delivered and accepted.

What I did was turned off then turned on iMessage and after under a minute it recognized my telephone number and email address.

It took a restart for Text Message Forwarding to appear as an option in iMessage on the iPhone.

iPhone 5S runs on iOS 9.1
    iMac runs on El Capitan
    Connected via PLDT Fibr & Globe SIM.

Skint likes this.
  10. waychraych

waychraych Member

Same thing happened to me last Saturday since I switched to iPhone 6s. It worked come Sunday.

11. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

I would strongly agree & suggest that leaving your iphone overnight connected to 3g/wifi would solve this activation problem.
    Had been resolving this issue since friday and already tried everything like restarting network & settings but still nothing happens.
    Last night i opted to leave the phone connected to 3g & viola, my number is now activated.
    Just try it guys, maybe it's in globe's system that they would activate all imessage & facetime request during midnight. :)

Janzukato likes this.
  12. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

this problem is not native to globe, my smart had the same issue for 3-4x the last month.

13. saibot

saibot Member

My iPad too... its okay with my phone though.. :p

14. teamjello

teamjello Member

So this is a network issue and not the ios? My imessage through phone number got disconnected as well and i'm having the "waiting for activation" issue. Also, lost text forwarding to Laptop.
    Also tried to restart/reset connections, and still not working. Any help?

15. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

I think its not with the carrier as long as you are post paid subscriber.. iMessage really took awhile to active unlike before. I restored 3 devices and iMessage took atleast 4-6 hours to active.

16. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

I think this is more than a network problem. I am overseas now and just found out that my mobile number has been disassociated with my iMessage service. Crazy as I never did anything before I left Manila over a week ago.

I am getting an Update Carrier Settings though that I am not confirming for fear of being charged exorbitant roaming rates.

17. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

I have this kind Verification failure a different an Apple ID Verification in my iPhone 6s napansin ko lang few days after restoring from iCloud bakit every time ako mag on ng phone or do soft reset Apple ID verification keeps appearing after 25 sec from home screen.

I thought it was only a some sort of security by apple new to the ios 9.1 after restoring but keeps coming back.I feel something that I did it wrong while restoring my iPhone. Anyway I created a separate thread since this was about verification difficulty I only share it. :)

18. Veeno

Veeno Member

I tried several times the solutions you posted above but still my imessage and facetime still waiting for activation.

19. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

It took less than 24 hours when i activated imessage on the 6s. Now on my 6s plus, it just keeps on failing.

20. smokinGAV

smokinGAV Member

I have the same problem. My iMessage will not activate. Every time I try I get the iMessage Activation error pop up. Another problem, I also keep getting the iCloud verification pop up and I have to keep inputing my password. At least twice every hour. I tried erasing and restoring and the problem still persists.