iMac screen is dead

Discussion in 'iMac' started by R-T, Jun 1, 2018.

1. warmgreentea

warmgreentea Well-Known Member

Hi MBP2014! My 2015 iMac 5k’s screen has developed pinkish colors on the sides (when on white backgrounds). Do you have any replacement screens this model by any chance?

MBP2014 likes this.
  2. MBP2014

MBP2014 New Member

Hi Sir, can i have the serial number of your machine? to check the exact part number of your iMac 2015 Display Assembly and the availability of this parts.

3. iAmMichael05

iAmMichael05 Active Member

Hi Sir! I was editing a video. But sometimes, even if I'm just browsing the web using Safari, it will shutdown.

4. MBP2014

MBP2014 New Member

Ok, how often does it happen? about an hour, a day? is your machine has an history of liquid damage or repair before?

5. iAmMichael05

iAmMichael05 Active Member

Usually a day. No history of liquid damage or repair.

hmmmm. How can I message you personally?

6. MBP2014

MBP2014 New Member

Thank you for the info, i'll send a PM....

7. warmgreentea

warmgreentea Well-Known Member

Hi! It's C02QKA6JGG7J :)

8. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

something really weird happened today.

since feb 5, my screen suddenly had problems and showing it to repair people in greenhills, they said that LCD monitor needs to be replaced and since the part is scarce, not to mention the price is really expensive, i tried to look for someone who can supply the part at the most affordable cost and while looking, i just bought a second hand monitor and was contented of how it works (although it sucks) until @MBP2014 mentioned that he can ship parts at a more affordable rate.

here is the original pic that I took when it happened:

[​IMG]

suddenly today, my brother in law used the computer to upload something and to our surprise, it didn't have any of those broken pixels on screen. it was just flickering but the whole screen is showing up, we decided to reboot the computer and suddenly this happened

[​IMG]

as if it wasn't broken the past 7 months. all I know is that i'm waiting for @MBP2014 and the parts that he is supposed to ship in. right now i'm just surprised and shocked.