iMac Pro 2022

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Hero33, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

anyone hyped for the dual max iMac Pro’s? Got a budget burning to replace my old 5k 27” retina with the barn burner of a dual M1 pro max chips.

2. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if they will offer dual die M1 Pro chips. Dual & quad die M1 Max chips are being mentioned in the rumors

3. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I honestly believe that Apple will only offer a single but more powerful versions of the iMac Pro M1 Pro/Max as part of the iMac Pro if that ever matriculates, like a desktop version of it, and the dual/quad M1 or M2 Pro/Max variants will be fed to the Mac Pros. While iMac Pros are considered pro machines, they're still in the prosumer level and the real deal will always be in the Mac Pros, so they wouldn't let the sales of the Mac Pros be cannibalized if an iMac would be as strong as it.

Probably the base Mac pros will come dual M1 Pro and the upper model will come with dual/quad M1 Max. Just my opinion in this though. Nonetheless, I'm just really scared that the iMac Pros will have a notch, lol. :ROFLMAO:

Hero33 likes this.
  4. Hero33

I wanna see how bad these babies can run arm windows once the exclusive license runs out and Microsoft allows apple chips to go crazy.

will we finally see gaming via built in virtualization of windows?

Oohh boy

5. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Uhm, gaming is probably the last thing I'd think about when considering an iMac Pro... I mean, we've got gaming PCs for that right? I wouldn't even consider installing windows/parallels etc on any of my Macs, ever. The most important feature for me I guess would be the supposed Mini LED screens and its color accuracy, while power is already a given thing if the thing would be called a Pro. (y)

6. Hero33

Got a point. I guess that’s why I got my new 3080 rig beginning of the year for the office.

home use I just get iMac Pro’s for pro browsing of the net lol