iMAC or the New Mighty Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Devilgodspeed, Mar 14, 2011.

1. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Well I used the hdmi cable that comes with cignal box. Parang passive nga yun. I think the dual link might not be compatible since the tv doesn't have a dvi.

2. voltaire_lb

voltaire_lb Member

3. trademarkofmark

It seems like the imac is a much sound choice. Where can I buy refurbished imacs here in the Philippines?

4. himeeu

himeeu Member

5. FPSAYSON

FPSAYSON Member

Is a new iMac being rumored to come out soon?

6. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

I'll soon be joining this group of people, who can't quite make up their minds to go mac mini or iMac. I want to replace my current desktop PC with a Mac and just get a windows laptop for work. Options for me:

1. Wait for the new Mac mini and just pair it with my current monitor and keyboard/mouse.
    2. To save some more, buy the outgoing Mac mini.
    3. Get the new iMac.

I use my current desktop PC for the following - word processing (in case I bring home work), surfing, watching NBA games streaming via NBA TV, watching TV shows.

My current TV is circa 2007 plasma - not full HD, not internet ready but HDMI capable. So its a bit troublesome for me to connect my desktop PC to my TV.

7. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Guys OT lang. Where can I buy viewsonic 27inch 2770smh model. Meron pa kaya to? Wala ako mahanap even none in TipidPc.
    Sorry for thr off topic.
    Thanks in advance.

My reason for looking is my 32inch LED does not project the right resolution off from Mac mini late 2012.
    Thanks again.

8. MacSonic 779

MacSonic 779 Member

The 27" is usually by order basis only on some stores. You may also try inquiring at Ynzal if they can order this for you. You can also check with Villman Computers VIEWSONIC VX2835wmb 28 | VillMan Computers Some shops don't stock this but may accept special orders from customers. :)

9. mackulit

mackulit Member

sharing my experience. my 2006 macbook was on its last legs and had to contemplate on buying my next mac. eventually i went with the late 2012 mac mini because I already have a monitor and existing peripherals to go with it..

to me it is a more practical choice since it is the cheapest mac and in the next few years, I would need to buy a new computer again.
    9 months after getting the mini, i bought a Dell U2713HM monitor to go with it and donated my old 22 inch monitor to my brother.

in my next upgrade the IPS monitor can stay and just get a new mini. well that's the plan for now..:)