illuminated iconic  in Macbook, should it come to an end?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 650h2, Mar 11, 2015.

1. k1ng_archer

k1ng_archer Member

I prefer to have the iconic illuminated apple logo..

donzandro likes this.
  2. sirbenski

sirbenski Member

If it was up to me, I'll keep the illuminated Apple Logo on the MacBook lines that can have it.
    I understand that the reason (probably) why it was not included in the new MacBook is to manage to make it thinner, so they removed anything that can be removed.

Hope they keep it though... I like it.

donzandro likes this.
  3. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

maybe this should be a poll?

4. ste@lth

[email protected] Well-Known Member

No more pogi points against other Apple wannabe...

donzandro likes this.
  5. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

One of the reasons I wanted to get a Mac was that bad ass glowing apple logo. I ended up with the 12' Macbook without it and while it is a really incredible machine, I still sometimes wish it had the glowing apple logo on it. So if it were up to me, I would've definitely keep that distinct feature on all future Macs

Come to think of it, this particular Mac does look like an iPad sometimes. But when you open it up, that's where the similarity ends...

donzandro likes this.
  6. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

The glowing logo isn't really a must for me but it did prove helpful when two or three times, I closed my rMBP and noticed that the  logo light was still on. I observed it for a few more seconds and when it didn't shut off, I reopened my Mac's lid/display. To my surprise, it turned out that my Mac didn't sleep when I closed the lid. Had it not been for the glowing logo, I would have placed my Mac in my bag thinking it was already sleeping when in fact, it was still actually running. Given that they got rid of the small light that usually served as an indicator of the Mac's activity, the glowing Apple logo actually served this purpose in my particular case. And I was thankful for that.

donzandro likes this.
  7. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

I dunno about lighted logos. I still haven't gotten over losing the rainbow-colored logo haha.

8. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

If only they would integrate two sets of LEDs for the logo -- one white, one rainbow. That way, users can toggle them depending on their mood. :)

9. Tecson

Tecson Member

Willing to let go guys, it was not gonna be there again until it becomes unique in the future.

I'm just glad it was ditch in our lifetime, it'll come back when it comes back but at least I can tell my future gen that it use to glow! And I was there ;)

10. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member