iLife '08 and iWork '08 Retail Packs Sold Out?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by Bulakbol, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Any other online stores selling these products aside from Apple Store? I've pre-ordered both items at Amazon last week. Estimated ship date was August 15 but when I checked the status of my orders this morning, shipment will take 4-6 weeks instead. I checked buy.com and both items are also sold out. The items are even a few dollars cheaper at buy.com. Anyway, please let me know if you can find online stores that sell these. Thanks!

2. john edward

john edward Member

isnt there a download option where you pay apple directly?

3. arelcee

arelcee Active Member

He's looking at other options because the products are sold cheaper in other online stores compared to that of the Apple store.

4. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Yep, and if I buy from Apple I will be charged in SGD which will be way more expensive when converted to pesos.

5. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

By the way, I'm looking for Family Packs for both items.

6. koppee1

koppee1 Active Member

I thought Singapore was cheaper when compared to Philippine prices?

7. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Not sure how much these would cost in the Philippines. I think they're not out in Manila yet?

Anyway, iWork 08 Family Pack costs SGD179 at Apple Store Singapore or roughly 5,500 pesos. The same would only cost me less than 4,500 pesos if I get it from the US.

8. arelcee

arelcee Active Member

If I recall correctly, prices for iWork '06 were a lot more expensive here compared to the US. I've also found it several dollars (US) cheaper at Amazon.

BTW, when you purchase from Amazon, do you use a Philippine credit card but just have the item shipped to a US address first -- say to a relative? Then, have the relatives ship it here? I've been looking at some software titles from Amazon but shipping is restricted to within the US only. So I was wondering how you get around that. TIA.

9. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Yup, that is correct. It's even a few dollars cheaper at Amazon and shipment within US is free. I use a Philippine credit card and I have the items shipped to my brother in the US. My brother takes care of the rest; he just sends the activation code to me via email. If I will need the installer program, he sends the DVD to me. If I am in a rush, he uploads the DVD's contents into my public iDisk folder. :D

10. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

They still have the family pack

11. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Initially they told me that my orders will be delivered today. Unfortunately they ran out of stock. They placed mine as backorder and it will be shipped next week instead. The email I got from Amazon says that they cannot guarantee an exact delivery date since their supplier cannot tell them when the new stocks will be out. To pacify me, they upgraded my orders to one-day shipping for free hehe. If you check the product page, it says that availability will be within 4-6 weeks. I guess new orders would have to wait that long.