iCloud Photo Library

Discussion in 'Apple iCloud' started by witch_md, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

ok anyway i have some questions regarding icloud photos:
    So i read that if you backed up your photos using icloud, then you choose optimized storage, the original high quality copy will be stored at the icloud and the one will on your phone are the low res right?
    So how could i retrieve back the original high res copy like for example i want to get back just a few pictures only not all pictures in the icloud? Is that possible?

also i have both an iphone and an ipad, is it also possible for example on my iphone i will retain all the original high res file then on the ipad i will be using the optimed storage option?

2. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

If you have it on optimized storage you only see thumbnails of the photos and there's like a cloud icon on lower right. Tapping that downloads the photo to your device. I currently have no iPad synced with my Apple ID but I supposed yes you can because on my Macbook it also has its own setting to optimize dependent from my iPhone's setting so I can have iPhone on optimized while Mac has the original copies stored.

3. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Ok thanks for that info...
    So you mean to say if I want to download a specific photo on my icloud, i will just tap that cloud icon and the original copy will now be on my iphone...
    So after I do that there is no way to return it back on just on the icloud?

4. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Also another question about icloud is for example i upgradr my icloud storage let say 200gb then i optimized all my photos to the icloud...
    What would happen to my photos in icloud if for example i discontinue my icloud subscription of 200gb and revert back to the 5gb free, will my pictures in icloud will also be deleted?

5. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

According to this article, it won’t be deleted immediately but it will be inaccessible. Be sure to back up all your files prior to downgrading storage.