iCloud compromise

Discussion in 'Jailbreak & iOS Hacks' started by driggsss, Nov 16, 2015.

1. driggsss

driggsss Member

Here's the thing, my iphone 6+ (updated ios, not jb) was stolen a month ago . After it was stolen I changed all my passwords (icloud, gmail, etc.) Then just yesterday I received an email that someone signed in to my account using iphone 4 ios 7 something.

What does the perpetrator trying to pull here and what should I do?

2. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Change the password again, then wipe the iPhone.

3. elbertlo

elbertlo Member

Hmmm. It looks like this is the way the backdoor to get around activation lock.

Once logged in, they can erase and remove your iPhone 6+ from your iCloud account. That will turn off activation lock.

4. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

i'm wondering how they were able to get to your icloud account information though - even after you changing the passwords?

5. elbertlo

elbertlo Member

If we knew how they'd did it, we'd make a killing off those iCloud removal services. :)

6. driggsss

driggsss Member

I'm wondering about that too. Anyway, I just changed my password again kanina lang. And when I checked my Icloud, nakaregister pa din dun yung stolen iphone ko.

7. elbertlo

elbertlo Member

Good for you. They probably failed somewhere in between. Apple added additional hurdles in icloud.com because of this exact vulnerability.

Maybe you can just send them a message and offer them a reward to return your phone.

8. driggsss

driggsss Member

I dont know where to send them a message though. The phone's offline since it was stolen. -_-

9. elbertlo

elbertlo Member

From your find my iphone app (or icloud), just press the lost mode again, and it will prompt for your number and message. something like this, but updated for the latest OS.

[​IMG]

driggsss likes this.
  10. supersiopao

supersiopao Member

Hey be careful ha. My brother's phone got stolen as well, and he was tricked. He received a call (from details found in lost mode) from someoene who supposedly found his phone and left it at Robinsons Manila. He was asking for account details. Never, ever give anything out of desperation. My brother gave in, thinking it was well meaning. After a few mins, the phone was untraceable and the guy stopped responding. Nawalan ka na nga, niloko ka pa. Like twisting the knife.

11. driggsss

driggsss Member

@elbertlo:
    Already did that sir pero maactivate lang yan once maka-connect sa internet yung device diba?

#11 driggsss, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  12. driggsss

driggsss Member

Thanks for the heads up. I contacted my old number tho (the one's inserted at my stolen phone) and may sumagot, napulot lang daw nya yung sim sa LRT (I call this BS), there's no way to track the sim though kaya hindi ko na na-contact yung old number ko na yun.

13. supersiopao

supersiopao Member

Basta don't trust anyone who asks for your account info. Maybe that's their last resort into accessing your unit.

driggsss likes this.
  14. elbertlo

elbertlo Member

Yes. Hopefully they'll connect it eventually.

15. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

my friend's iphone got stolen in a concert last year. someone contacted her through the details in lost mode, telling them that they "bought the phone from someone" for cheap, but wasn't able to use it because of the iCloud lock. so they offered her a buyback for the phone for 5,000. she was tempted to take up the offer, and arrange the meetup in a secure place with lots of witnesses.

but in the end, common sense prevailed and she did not push through with it. which is good, because god knows what the other party has planned for you when you arrive. s*** may not happen immediately, but someone can tail you until you get home - which increases the risk of danger. in the long run, baka hindi lang phone mawala sayo. better minimize your losses immediately and just be more careful the next time around.

16. Veeno

Veeno Member

This happens to me also. I lost my iphone then i used the find my iphone app. After 3 days i received a text message that my iphone is now in Ilocos area. Then when I check it was remove from my account. I wonder how they do that. I know that you need to login your icloud account before you reset the whole iphone.