iChat Login

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by honeychristine, Sep 9, 2008.

1. honeychristine

i have problem everytime i log in to iChat.

I recently got an iChat account then after ive successfully signed up, i opened my ichat and logged in using my newly created account but evertime i click the continue button a window pops up and says incorrect mac.com password....??? i reentered naman a correct password. Even if i reset my password, ayaw pa rin :(

any help would be very much appreciated!

thanks!

2. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

I've never used a mac.com account for iChat. I use AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) for it instead. I've had an AIM ID since the old days when it was bundler with Netscape Navigator.

Have had no problems with it. If mac.com refuses to work, try signing up and using an AIM acct for iChat instead.

3. honeychristine

ok thanks for the rep. :)

does aol support yahoo mail?

4. arelcee

arelcee Active Member

Hello honeychristine,

What do you mean? When you sign-up for AIM you get a login id/email address just like you would if had signed up for Yahoo.

You can use the AIM id to chat with your friends who also have their own AIM (or AOL) id. However, as of this time, you cannot chat with your Yahoo! buddies using your AIM id. But you can receive email at your new AIM id from anyone.

5. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

If you're looking for something that works with YM, I would suggest using Adium, since it works with multiple IM formats. However, at the current time, it doesn't support YM's voice & camera features. So, I have both in my applications.

6. honeychristine

ah ok, i'd like to try iChat kasi. Thanks for the rep :rolleyes:

7. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

unfortunately, there's no direct way to load your yahoo! contacts in iChat. i've tried a long and relatively technical process before to load yahoo contacts within ichat, but the end result was not worth it.

regarding your login problems, try using an aim account if you really want to try it out :)
    iChat's pretty, but you can make Adium look like iChat using Adium Xtras. read up on it and enjoy :)

8. Treb22

Treb22 Active Member

I cant log in to my iChat. It keeps on saying that my login password is incorrect. They said they sent the password to my account and its been a month now since the supposed password had been sent.
    I've tried creating another account awhile ago. And it still wont accept the new one, even if I entered my other email add.

Im frustrated with my iChat.

Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

9. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

iChat is not really friendly to other IM. only a few of my friends use AIM and Gmail. So I use YM to communicate with my family abroad using video. I use Adium and added 4 of my accounts, AIM, Gmail, Yahoo and Facebook. I tried All Forces, etc and no success since.

10. Treb22

Treb22 Active Member

ok, giving up on iChat...

11. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Get a new AIM screen name here. Use Firefox, I remember having problems with the site whenever I try to use Safari.

In iChat -> Preferences, create a new AIM account.

12. Treb22

Treb22 Active Member

Thanks Pat.

Its working now. Does that mean I have to manually transfer all my buddy list again?

Thanks!