iCal + 30boxes.com

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by berniej, Feb 9, 2006.

1. berniej

berniej Active Member

I'm not sure if anyone already does this but the (relatively) new AJAX website 30boxes.com has the ability to have its contents sync'ed with iCal. I was experimenting with it and I was able to "see" the contents of my 30boxes calendar at iCal. Pretty handy for .Mac-less Mac users like me. :)

BTW, 30boxes is an online calendar website (think Yahoo! Calendar) that allows a user to "share" his/her calendar with buddies.

EDIT: It turns out that the *other* AJAX calendar website called spongecell also has this capability! And unlike 30boxes, spongecell can import existing entries at iCal. Its nice to have freedom of choice! :cool:

2. Buddhaboy

Buddhaboy Member

Was just playing with 30boxes a few minutes ago. Looks like a great service.

I have a question though. I'd love to do the opposite and to up a calendar I made on iCal and export it to 30boxes.

I haven't figured out how to do it or if it's possible.

Would you know how to do it?

3. berniej

berniej Active Member

Gabe,

I was not able to do it on 30boxes. Spongecell, on the other hand, can import data from iCal (at least that's what it say on its website).

HTH

4. Buddhaboy

Buddhaboy Member

Aha.

WIll try spongecell. Am sure they'll add that option to 30boxes soon though.

Thanks bernie!

5. annie_mae

annie_mae Member

I tried 30boxes...it's fine but whenever I try to add an event, the event gets added to a day before the date I set. What am I doing wrong?

6. alfiesy

alfiesy Active Member

Haven't tried the program but maybe it's with the timezone selected. Check whether you have the correct time zones set in iCal and 30boxes.

7. berniej

berniej Active Member

I actually noticed it too. All I do is simply edit the entry to fix it.

8. annie_mae

annie_mae Member

haha totally forgot about this...what good is an online calendar if i even forget to check it once in a while? ;)

i just remembered this since i was looking for an online calendar for our school group.