HyperMac - External MacBook Power

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by lesterjune, Jul 30, 2009.

1. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

2. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

.....damn. That's not right. Of all the third party accessories in the market, the Hypermac is, by far, the most useful. I've had this for a couple of months (providing extra power to my first-gen MBA) and it's a wonderful product to use. Sayang.....sayang talaga :(

4. mysterio

mysterio PhilMUG Addict Member

Maybe HyperMac (or as it will be called as a result of negotiations with Apple, HyperJuice) will continue to provide power solutions as soon as it gets everything settled. It's one of those products that really will be missed.

5. jpatrickn

jpatrickn Active Member

Do we have local shops selling these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

With so many broken MacBook ac adapters, it will be easy to make a cable. I guess it will be legal for the company to give instructions on how to make your own cable from discarded ac adapters. The other end could simply be your standard dc jack.

7. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

I ordered another one over the weekend. Hoping it will be processed on or before the cut-off date (Nov 2) :)

8. juderoque

juderoque New Member

Are there any alternatives to this being sold here in the Phils? Very much interested to know. :D

9. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

.......no one sells it here. The only ones being sold here are for phones, not laptops. Before I discovered the Hypermac, I wanted to get one from Battery Geek (http://www.batterygeek.net/). It should work the same.

10. stephen.ang

stephen.ang Member

Are there people here who are interested in hypermac?

11. reloaded

reloaded Member

If its available, I am sure buyers will follow... Just look at the powermat which was recently released here, its one of the most sought after gift during the holidays... besides, why stop with the hypermac when you can sell the whole line of Sanho (HyperDrive, HyperStand, HyperMac Mini).

12. stephen.ang

stephen.ang Member

ic i was thinking of trying to get them to be the phil official distributor

13. rowinms

rowinms Member

I have a Macbook white 13" 2007, the power adapter is the same, the guys in the store are saying that I can buy the latest power adapter because all macbooks have the same battery and power adapter, is this true?

14. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

I received my package last December. According to their customer service, they encountered delays in the manufacturing and shipping due to overwhelming demand as a result of the Nov 2 deadline.

15. macdrive007

macdrive007 Well-Known Member

So this product (with the cables) is still being sold & supported? Hope a local distributor prices these at the exchange rate value...

16. berrybianka

berrybianka Member

So there's no way to get the cable for HyperMac? What would be the alternative solution?

17. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

Anyone who has experienced the hissing sound in the headphone when the HyperMac battery is plugged into your laptop? I have read an article in the Net explaining this issue:

Reducing Headphone Noise from the HyperMac Battery

As a temporary solution, it is recommending this product. Would anybody know if this is available in our local shops?

Ferrite toroid

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. bozo

bozo New Member

How does warranty/repair/service work here in the Philippines when the HyperMac or Hyperjuice (its new name) malfunctions?

I asked EarthTech Products about their solar charger for the Mac, they said they only serviced in the United States (so that means sorry for us here).

I had this 60W MagSafe which died on me for no reason at all, just stopped charging my MacBook; and then the frustrating experience with my "brand new" 85W that came with MBP purchase (sure looks like a refurbished one straight from Foxconn or kung saan man)... So I was thinking what is my best option then:

-HyperJuice
    -QuickerTek Solar Juicz
    -or others?

19. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll just ask here. Is Hyperjuice being sold anywhere locally?