HP Printer Drivers for Mac OS X v10.6

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by elbert, Sep 11, 2009.

1. elbert

elbert Active Member

2. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Cool. It just came out in Software Update along with the 10.6.1 update.

Thanks!

3. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

With wireless printing fr my HP D2460 and AEBS, I had better luck with 3rd party drivers. My Leopard settings worked right away on SL.

4. motogpph

motogpph Member

I can't seem to scan on my HP F735 (all in one), after i upgraded to snow leopard and upgrading its driver. will try to re-install printer if i can't solve the prob.

Any other F735 owners out there experience the same problem?

5. seabournlegend

after upgrading the printer drivers, my printer cannot be detected, but after uninstalling the original hp drivers, there are no more problems

6. noldy

noldy Member

Hi guys,

I just downloaded hp printer drivers as recommended by elbert. But when I tried to run the installer, there was a message : "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update", what should I do next ?

I'm using HP Deskjet F380 All in One
    My MBP is running on SL

Thank you

7. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

I cant still scan. it cannot detect the scanner anymore. i can print though.reinstalling again.

8. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

My printer works fine right now. I'm printing on my HP D2460 wirelessly through AEBS. If I install this HP update, can it mess up my otherwise good drivers? I really don't want to skip updates because I might need it in the future.

9. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

@Mad Mac, I've never had an OS X printer update remove or otherwise screw up existing support for a printer. I've applied OS X printer updates via Software Update, both at home and in the office, never had any problems.

10. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

I see. I have 3rd party drivers that I use and I noticed that Apple had include them in the update. I was afraid they will overwrite the ones I use and for some reason not work.

11. seabournlegend

just updated the drivers for my HP.. not yet tested if there are any differences

12. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Well this update basically includes 3rd party drivers. Something I had to do manually to get my HP printer working wirelessly through AEBS back when I was using Leopard.

13. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

My old PSC all in one device stopped working with SL, I don't know why. Sigh....

14. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Did this happen as soon as you installed Snow Leopard?

15. PatrickGaerlan

Staff Member

Did you confirm that it's supported under SL? Check out Apple's official list of supported printers and scanners (subject to change) -- Mac OS X v10.6: Printer and scanner software.

I had presumed before that if my printer was supported under Leopard, it would automatically be supported under SL... I was mistaken. My HP Deskjet 5652 worked perfectly under Leopard but has no SL drivers. Good thing I had another printer lying around that had SL drivers.

16. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

There are 3rd party drivers floating around. My printer did not work wirelessly with Leopard and Snow Leopard. I used the Gutenprint drivers. Worked for both. But I don't get the ink status feature of a direct to usb connection. For ink status, I connect directly.

17. PatrickGaerlan

Staff Member

@Mad Mac, Gutenprint drivers somewhat worked with my unsupported 5652, but no color, only grayscale.

18. rviadojr

rviadojr Member

Had to download this update twice na in the past two months, my printer suddenly could not interface with my laptop.....

19. PatrickGaerlan

Staff Member

Which printer do you have?

20. csc2ky

csc2ky Member

After the recent drivers update pushed through the Apple Software Update my printer (HP F735) miraculously lost its capability to scan. It just would not want to work. I reinstalled the printer and it worked for a day. Now again the capability to scan is lost. I guess it has something to do with the driver update. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.