How to transfer music from iPod itouch to computer?

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by markhoward, May 20, 2011.

1. markhoward

markhoward New Member

How do i copy all my music from my old itouch to the computer/itunes,so i can put it on my new itouch.
    PS: My OS is Windows 7.

2. drdom

drdom Member

I used to use iDump. Used it on my Mac though. But I'm pretty sure it has a version for both OS's :)

HTH

3. johnnydu

johnnydu Member

For Windows I use SharePod - requires .NET framework to work.

4. lan0.sky0

lan0.sky0 New Member

It should be on your computer. How did you get it to the ipod in the first place?
    The music sync is one way - computer to ipod. The exception is itunes purchases. Without syncing: File>Transfer Purchases
    The ipod touch is not a storage device. It is designed to mirror the elected content from your computer.

5. david1215

david1215 Member

its possible by using third-party applications.

6. mysterio

mysterio PhilMUG Addict Member

Well, for one, the computer could have gotten stolen, the library horribly corrupted by a computer virus (we are talking about a Windows PC here), the hard disk could have crashed or the iPod Touch could have contained content that may no longer be on the source computer (this can happen when you set your iTunes to manually manage music/videos).

iTunes music sync may be one way but third party programs can allow two way transfers.

I'm refraining from commenting on your "the ipod touch is not a storage device" statement.

If you cannot provide any help nor words of encouragement, I suggest refraining from posting. There are a lot of other threads where your extensive knowledge may be of use. :)

7. intolerant

intolerant Member

Chill dude! let it pass :) Though i strongly agree on your point. I being from the Hard Disk/Memory industry do not want to be technical just to justify that, YES, ipod are storage devices, with additional features that is. i hope lan0sky0 would be more subtle on the reply. We're all trying to learn from everyone here. Besides not all are aware okay.

To share, i think i would also recommend johnnydu's Sharepod. Very useful but you have to make sure that you have all the .net frameworks updated to your PC. Great app to copy your music back to your PC especially if you have already lost your copy and the apple device is the only resort. It does decryption so it could be reverted back to MP3 or other formats you desire. It also gives you the option how to sort your copied music, format i.e. title-artist-tracknumber-album etc.

You could also check Copypod.

8. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

I use copytrans to transfer the content of my iphone to my new comp. Check it out

9. pels_17

pels_17 Well-Known Member

Maybe you need to read this thread first..

http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=70792

10. ml88

ml88 Member

11. jaytrixz

jaytrixz Active Member

For Mac, I once used Senuti but all the suggested third-party apps here are excellent ones. :)

12. m3ta1he4d

m3ta1he4d Member

i use iDump Pro on my 5th gen ipod video.. :)

13. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

Hi. I've previously tried senuti, pod to mac and another app (name i forgot). All transferred the songs from the iPod to the computer. However, Im trying to find a program where the songs are transferred to the computer in a Album - Singer - song hierarchy and not the Singer - Album -song submenu format. The latter is difficult when you want to copy for example just one album from say an iPod to iPad. (i don't want to store all the songs in the computer iTunes kasi)

14. mataustriaii

mataustriaii Active Member

iRip does it. It just failed some album covers on my mac.

15. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Will iRip, iDump etc. transfer music from an pod touch to a new mac? Exactly what it says? (just wanna make sure)

Situation, my friend is not a techie person and his iPod touch has been synced with a different computer (don't know who). Now he wants to sync his music to his new mac and start purchasing music on iTunes. I'm thinking, use iRip etc. then, backup the ipod touch so he can now add purchases to his iPod touch. Correct?

16. prankie

prankie Member

17. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Thanks, I tried it but it didn't work. I used iRip but it keeps disconnecting every few seconds and I had to reconnect a lot of times just to complete the songs. But I finally finished it.

18. mdfranciscomd

mdfranciscomd New Member

iFunbox is great. Free and easy to use.

19. andyled

andyled Member

I've been using Copytrans for years. Use it to backup my ipod. But it can also transfer music from your it

20. andyled

andyled Member

I've been using Copytrans for years. Use it to backup my ipod. But it can also transfer music from your ipod itouch to your computer.