How to record live streaming video embedded on a website?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by herbertdizon, Dec 15, 2009.

1. herbertdizon

herbertdizon Member

I am starting to follow NBA games on the internet and if a certain game is broadcasting via Sopcast, I have the benefit to record the game through VLC network streaming but how about live games embedded on a website? How do you download that?I tried checking the Activity window on Safari but I cant find the file to download so I hope someone can help me with this one.FYI, Im on Snow Leopard already.

2. Barbara

Barbara Member

as for me I like Macvide ScreenCap ....sorry so late...

3. essay

essay Active Member

4. MACKche

MACKche Member

just wanna ask where do you watch nba in internet live?

5. niceNslow

niceNslow Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

been looking for this one, will try both macvide screencap and ishowu, thnx.

6. amanda88

amanda88 New Member

Hey, you can use some screen recorder to help you, I always use it to record internet streaming video when I was browsing video website, and the program is applicable to any websites. You can also save and export the video to your little gadgets. :D

7. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

When all else fails and you can try quicktime's screen video capture.

8. viper2lt

viper2lt Well-Known Member

not sure if this works but this is working for non live embeded videos. try using firefox. right click on the webpage and click view page info. click on media and scroll on the list and look for the thing with embed. click it to highlight and try to click save as. please tell me if it does. thanks

9. david2011

david2011 New Member

Just like what you said, safari is the usual method to capture live video stream embedded on the website, one common problem that I have is sometimes that I can also find the file to download, so I have this video capture application to work with everything. Its pro version supports both mac users and windows users.