How to migrate to Canada without any relatives/friends

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Yagbolz, Jan 6, 2014.

1. kutsaratinidor

kutsaratinidor Active Member

2. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

^
    Canada eases immigration rules | Inquirer Global Nation

3. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

4. cookies

cookies Member

OT what if i'm living in spain and already got a residencia there it is easier to cross and migrate to canada :)

5. anintosa

anintosa New Member

6. kyubi

kyubi Member

Q! Heres a breakdown of my score (i understand that the passing mark is 67 for FSW):

Ielts - i just got a 6.5 band score.... i dont know the equivalent for this, if somebody can help me out thanks :)
    Job experience - 15
    education - 21
    Age - 9
    Total = ?

should i pursue? i still got a little bit of time for FSW, its quite expensive and stressful, thats why i need to know if i have a fighting chance.

TIA :)

7. kutsaratinidor

Not really familiar with the equivalent score per band, but as far as i know, they start accepting FSW application around the end of Q1 of a year.Are you targeting the 2015 schedule? Not sure how it will be though. I think they are introducing another policy or program(Express Entry), or just a renamed FSW program.

I am actually waiting on a response from them. My application was received last July 3, was already charged for the processing. Just waiting whatever additional requirements I need to submit. Two of my friends got their response already, one for medical request and the other already got his visa.

8. kyubi

kyubi Member

I think theyre gonna change the rules for next year (a lot harder), correct me if im wrong, thats why im rushing before the year ends. My friend got his visa already, they applied last May, I think its around september they got an email from the embassy. Thats why he's pushing us to try it out. Anyway, if anybody could, let me know if i should pursue or take another ielts exam hehehe (and thats a whopping 9K again, no guarantees :p )

9. extreme16199

extreme16199 Member

Here's your answer:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-language.asp

10. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

May to September = 4 months, your friend got his visa 4 months after FSW application?
    is it that fast now?
    When did he have his medical examination

11. kyubi

kyubi Member

I think they got the email from the embassy in around september and they just had their medical last month, they just got their visas this month... yes, thats fast, thats why he's encouraging us to try a few months ago to beat the deadline or before they change the rules. I think its harder for next year.

12. kutsaratinidor

A friend of mine got his in 5 months. Receipt of application at the visa office was around May, passport stamped last month. Another friend's application was taken in during the first week of June, the medical request arrived faster(two weeks ago) than the PER mail. or might have been a direct medical request for him, skipping the PER altogether. Mine however has no updates yet.

13. extreme16199

extreme16199 Member

Are you certain those are federal skilled worker applications?

14. extreme16199

extreme16199 Member

15. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

THAT IS FAST. Mine took 18 months but that includes a complication with my NBI clearance. I am glad that FSW method is now that fast. Is this because of the "express entry" system? but I hear that will take effect Jan 2015

16. kutsaratinidor

Yup, same as mine, though friend1 applied with his wife in tow(family) and friend2(common law) both under 2174 NOC. I'm the one still waiting further instructions though. My application was received July 3, cc charged around 3rd week of October. Still waiting.

It is quite fast, my family's application took almost 2 years as well. They left for CA last 2011.

Still not under the express entry I think, but given that they raised the cap to 1000 per NOC they really just sped up the processing this year.

17. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

I think they give favorable status to Yolanda survivors who want to migrate.

18. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

This is true and was (or still is) in the Canadian Embassy (Manila) website.

19. kutsaratinidor

Some good news from my side, below is the timeline regarding my application under FSWP. It's not so bad after all, 2nd try for FSWP because I didn't make the cap last 2013. Not sure how fast the turn-around will be for Express Entry method.

July 3 - Application received
    Last week of October - CC charged
    January 15 - Medical Request - No PER
    February 20 - Medical results received
    March 4 - Passport request

20. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

Congratulations, have you decided where you will stay in Canada?