How to intall Mac os x on new harddrive?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by ihce_16, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ihce_16

ihce_16 New Member

Hi Guys! I just bought a new harddrive & a snow osx but i don't know how to install the OS.Help please . thank you in advance

2. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Welcome to Philmug.

First, boot your computer using the Snow Leopard Disc and press C while starting. Select the hard drive you want the OS to install.

Just curious, what happened to the old hard drive? If you happened to remove it and replace it with a new one. You cannot install it because you need to format first the new hard drive to "Mac OS X Extended Journaled". You may want to put back the old one and format first the new one or clone it using Carbon Copy Cloner.

Another question: What is the brand of the HDD? This is just how i understand the query. Hope this helps.

3. pinoydl

pinoydl Member

4. ihce_16

ihce_16 New Member

just upgrade to more space, I'm bought western digital.