how to inquire for your package with Post Office

Discussion in 'General OT' started by dakilang_waiter, May 17, 2013.

1. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

Hi all! In tracking of my order from the USA, it says that it is already at the Makati Post Office. Which section of the Post Office do I go to pick up my package? I haven't yet received the Post Office notice.

2. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

Makati might be the same as the process with EMS and QC, where I get my packages from.

You go to the claiming section. Give the tracking number, your name, and address to the guard on duty. When your package is confirmed to be in that post office, you will be given the notice card. Wait for your name to be called. Then pay for the P112 handling fee and, if assessed, tax.

3. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

You're right, @macmacoy. I was told to go to the Custom's section. Showed the tracking number from where I bought the item online. They did have the item & then went thru the regular Customs procedure to get it.

4. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi. Got a question regarding my package that was sent from Netherlands using registered mail/PostNL. It says last Oct 31 ‘Enroute to delivery office’. I haven’t received the card yet but is there a chance that it will go back again to CMEC pasay or can I safely assume that it is not on the possession of ems pasay and was already forwarded to my local post office? 1B871A84-A831-4DD4-A1C8-699C10434ADA.jpeg

5. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...if it is under php10k declared value, it should already be with your local post office. It cleared customs already so that’s a good sign. It was not flagged down.

ronjet and JohannChua like this.
  6. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Give or take three working days more and you’ll likely be notified that your package is ready for pickup at the PO. Sorting of mail never stops so the idea that a package stays longer at the post office because it’s just there and not sorted is not conceivable anymore. We’re not as backward as we think we are when it comes to regular mail delivery system here. Just the usual bureaucratic foul ups sometimes.

ronjet and JohannChua like this.
  7. ronjet

Thanks guys! You are all right. :) Got the card and headed to makati post office to claim it. Paid Php 112 only. I don’t know if its the norm if using registered mail/package. When I received it, I noticed that the package were opened from the bottom part of the box and was re-sealed using a packaging tape with “Examined by Customs” with it and “X-Ray checked” sticker. Is this normal? Although it was opened for inspection, when I opened it, all items were there, complete.

#227 ronjet, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    raypin and hitme64 like this.
  8. hitme64

^For packages, there is a fee paid based on its weight. The said package is opened by Customs for examination prior to dispatch to the Post Office. Everything is above board.

ronjet and raypin like this.
  9. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

My understanding is that BOC is not allowed to open packages without the receiver to witness. Similar to what I will be picking up at CMEC later, it was "held by Customs" for 3 days now (for inspection I suppose) so I have to get it there instead of QC Post Office.

ronjet likes this.
  10. hitme64

Smaller packages, yes. Bigger packages, no. They examine the box in the presence of the consignee, broker or receiver. They have this valuation of weight that they follow. And not all packages, regardless of weight, are opened and examined. They do this randomly (though are wont to do that when the package is “contestable”). In most cases, those that end up at the PO have passed through the electronic scanner or manually opened for examination. It’s a hit or miss actually.

raypin and ronjet like this.
  11. ronjet

For reference only, it’s in an amazon prime box with dimensions of 14x18x7in. and weighs almost 2kl.
    I’m also getting another box with almost the same dimensions with less than php 10k ‘declared value’. No receipt, however. ;)

12. Addie

Addie New Member

Hi! I have a question. Does ems phlpost always require you to present a proof of payment when claiming? I have a package that’s on its way here, but the package is given as a gift from an acquaintance. I’m afraid that the people at phlpost will look for proof of payment, and I don’t have anything to show.

13. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

Yes, Customs will require you to present proof of payment since it is sent through EMS. You should be ready to prove that it is indeed a gift when you claim it. If not they will assess the value of your parcel and maybe taxed if it is above the 10k threshold.

14. hitme64

And again we ask new members to at least read the sticky on Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting, especially in non-Apple threads. This is still an Apple (Macintosh, for oldtimers) Users Group, where everything Apple is de rigueur. Non-Apple threads, as well as non-Apple posts, come as a consequence of participation in the Apple threads not because you want to post there as your first activity after joining the group. This is not Reddit or Facebook Group. So yes, when you join, please add your Apple-related post not just a query on something you want resolved apparently when you joined the group.

Welcome @Addie.