how to inquire for your package with Post Office

Discussion in 'General OT' started by dakilang_waiter, May 17, 2013.

1. TinaEkaGar

TinaEkaGar New Member

Thank you so much for the infos.I'm a bit worried tuloy kasi jewelry yung laman ng package. Pero mga nose rings lang naman... nabasa ko kasi sa USPS na prohibited daw dito sa Philippines pag nag padala ng platinum, gold, or silver. Pano kaya mangyayari dun pag inopen nila then nakita nila na ganon yung laman? I actully uploaded the screenshot nung nabasa ko sa USPS.

Attached Files:

2. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

No idea. I make sure to ship only items that are allowed here and within allowed quantity. It might be returned to the sender before it gets shipped out of the US or if it manages to arrive here and it's not allowed, customs might confiscate it. Third-party forwarders like Shipping Cart and Jinio actually prohibit jewelry, even costume jewelry so you might be out of luck, to be honest.

Also, check here. It might fall under the prohibited items, specifically "Any article manufactured in whole or in part of gold, silver or other precious metals or alloys..."

3. TinaEkaGar

TinaEkaGar New Member

Thank you so much. Sana hindi nalang i-ship ng USPS. Do you think they will check what's inside the package before nila ipa-ship dito? Should've read rules and prohibitions sana bago ako nag purchase online ng jewelry. Wala kasi akong idea na may di pala pwde :(

4. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

i messaged them on messenger and was promptly answered back. nice!

5. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

No idea, sorry.

6. marcalbar

marcalbar Member

I claimed the package from the post office.

You’re post supposed to receive a notice from the post office saying that your package is already there with them.

The worst part is waiting for that notice. It can take them several days to months.

7. Jell

Jell New Member

D3DF514E-1CEA-462C-8A36-041B55939ABB.jpeg Hi guys!
    I have a package from Japan thru SAL airmail. It was sent since December 26. May tracking number cya coz it’s a registered mail pero whenever I track it , ang lage nka lagay is in transit. It’s been 6 weeks pero wla pa rin. I tried to ask the post office here in Cebu pero they said wla pa daw sa Phil.

Is this usual?? Any advice po??

First time to get a package thru SAL. First time din ng ngpadala kac usually EMS gamit nya ..

Salamat po

8. JohannChua

JohannChua Active Member

Registered SAL from Japan is only trackable while the package is in Japan. I usually get my registered SAL packages within 2 to 4 weeks, but I'm in Metro Manila.

9. Jell

Jell New Member

Thanks for your response @JohannChua
    I’ve been trying to track it thru JapanPostal, Philpost & 17track. I also asked the post office but they said it hasn’t arrive in Philippines. It supposed to be delivered at my workplace but there’s no sign of it at all.

Was it delivered at your place or did you have to go to the post office?

My girlfriend is worried about it coz the item is expensive. She hasn’t told me what’s inside coz it was supposed to be a surprised gift.

10. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

I claimed my momax charging pad today from the central post office.
    I was asked to pay 112.00
    I asked what it was for, i was just told it is office policy.

11. JohannChua

JohannChua Active Member

I usually pick up packages at the post office.

12. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

potpot2 likes this.
  13. Jell

Jell New Member

I see. Thank you so much!
    I’ll just try to call the post office in Manila this weekend or some other days. Hopefully, I’ll be able to reach their line.

14. TinaEkaGar

TinaEkaGar New Member

Hi guys. Any idea what this means? huhu. I'm trying to call philpost and nag email na rin ako sakanila kaso walang sumasagot sa phone and di sila nag rereply sa email. Sabi nung seller, naka envelope lang yung parcel ko and nakalagay lang dun is international letter with declared value of $14.99. I-inspect pa kaya nila yun sa custom kahit nakalagay is international letter lang? And do I still need to claim it sa post office or idedeliver nila door-to-door since it is just an "international letter"? Kaso bakit nalagay sa tracker umalis daw ng Manila ung parcel? I'm trying to track it sa philpost kaso di updated ung tracker sa philpost. Dispatch lang nakalagay sa philpost paalis ng US pa yun. Hope you can enlighten me. Thank you.

Attached Files:

15. magnus

magnus Active Member

Based on previous comments, some got their package door to door and some needed to visit their local post office. How can we know when are we going to pick up or wait for delivery door to door?

16. nethrow

nethrow Active Member

You'll receive a postcard from your local post office that your parcel is for pickup, as well as the amount that you have to pay.

Attached Files:

17. YGporbs

YGporbs New Member

Hello Everyone. I hope someone could help me understand what this means. I have tracked my package via 17track. On Phlpost it says "Dispatch to Provincial Office" while on Kor. Post it says "Undelivered, Reason".

What could this mean?

Please advice.

Attached Files:

18. benzng

benzng Well-Known Member

Mine says Enroute to delivery office

19. vickymooch

vickymooch Member

I'm a regular customer of post office since I regularly buy items from Aliexpress. Here were my experiences on different post offices in greater Manila area and inside Clark Freeport Zone.
    1. Makati Central Post Office located in corner of Ayala/Buendia - takes longer to receive post office notices and even if you have it and try to claim it takes them longer to locate the item in their warehouse. I guess because of the volume. There had been several instances that I had to go back and they will just text/message me when they have located my items.
    2. Taguig (I forgot the exact location but the one covering Brgy Ususan) - notices takes more than a month to arrive sometimes.
    3. Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga- the most efficient in my experience. I get my package in 3 weeks or less upon ordering. I don't need to wait for Post Office Notices since they just message me whenever a package is available. They mentioned that if the mobile contact information is available on the face of the parcel or package itself it's easier to reach out to the recipient through messaging. But I believe they still send notices if the item was not picked-up since their logbook is kept-up-to-date all the time.
    4. Post office fee of P112 is valid. By the way, I hope everyone is familiar with the P10,000 De minimis before you get tax by customs under CAO No. 02-2016. This was implemented in 2016.
    5. Package opening and inspection - For both Makati and Taguig, there is a customs officer in the post office that values the items to determine if there's any tax that needs to be paid. Not sure if it still the same now after the P10,000 limit that was implemented. For Clark - I never had any package opened in front of me. I believe the inspection happen before it's passed on to their office.

20. idreamofkim

idreamofkim New Member

Hi, Guys,

Pwede ko na kayang i pick up sa PO yan or antayin ko pa na makarating dito sa Rosario Cavite PO.

upload_2018-8-8_18-5-17.png