HOW to get the 24" M1 iMac in the philippines?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Technobilder, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Technobilder

Technobilder Member

Ok I am a foreigner with german creditcards - and it seems I am doomed because Apple doesnt ship at all..

I cannot order on USA or German Apple website as Apple only ships within the country.
    I could use JohnnyCargo but then I end up with the US taxes @ 190$ plus shipping would end up over 20k php...

I cannot order at Apple Philippines website as my creditcard is from germany - and as my adress on the card is german they don't like me to ship to a philippine adress...
    I never have problems on Amazon US or other companies - its more f*ck with Apple I guess....

I was in iStore in Cebu - sorry Sir we cannot preorder now (even they started selling).
    I asked online in PowerMac Center and it was same answer - and the ask me to visit the store.

Problem is - I DONT want the out of the box iMac. I want to get the 8/8 with 256GBSSD bt 16GB RAM and most of all VESA MOUNT.

But it seems to me - Apple still isnt interested in the Philippines at all - and if like me you want "Be different" then nowadays you are totally lost - or how it seems to me to say it with Apple "F*ck off we aren*t interested in you..."

Do you guys know a way where I can order the above configuration and get it deliveres to Cebu-City at regular price?

2. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

Maybe get an arrangement with someone else with a PH credit card order it for you?

topaz likes this.
  3. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

Buy from ebay or somewhere else, and use Paypal instead.

You're getting a "desktop" - I'm thinking you plan on being here for a while... (you've been a MUGger since 2014)... why don't you open a Philippine bank account and get a local CC from that bank?

4. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

Apply for debit card and deposit money so you can make the purchase from Apple Store PH

5. Technobilder

Technobilder Member

Getting a Debit Card ... but for just 1 order its too much hassle. And also most dcards have spending limits way below what the M1 cost.
    I have to look for a friend that has a debitcard then...

6. pandecoco

pandecoco Member

Ask Apple PH for any other alternative payment scheme?

7. Technobilder

Technobilder Member

Luckily theres an email with the european apple sales - never forund onw anywhere else in the worls...
    They answered my question upon gift cards: You can combine up to 8 gift cards, with a maximum load per gift card of 30,000 PHP.

Today I went to iStore in Ayala Mall here in Cebu-City, and they were able to preorder my configuration.
    I paid half in advance using my creditcard - that always works, only with Apple they are too picky...

Will have to wait till early septmber - but luckily this year hahaha

8. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

Glad you sorted that out.