how to get files from broken ibook

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by athos11, Nov 27, 2009.

1. athos11

athos11 Member

Guys is it still possible to get my files from my broken ibook? it was caused by the logic board and it wont even turn on. how do i get the files. need your suggestion please. :rolleyes:

2. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

Remove the Hard Disk from the iBook and place it in an external hard disk drive enclosure.

Make sure you buy the right one, depending if the HDD is IDE or SATA.

Once you do that, hook the external drive to your replacement computer or borrow a friend/family member's computer to get the files you need.

3. athos11

athos11 Member

i'll try this sir.. i want to transfer the files to my mbp. wish me luck!