How much do you think my MBP is worth?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by Bem, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Bem

Bem Member

I just read about Liteware's education promo and I've been eyeing the new 13inch MBP ever since it was released, so of course I'd like to upgrade... I'm asking how much my current mac is worth coz if it costs a little more than the new mac I plan on selling it. :D anyway, here are the specs:

Macbook Pro 15"
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz
    Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
    Type: Display
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 128 MB
    Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
    Device ID: 0x0407
    Revision ID: 0x00a1
    ROM Revision: 3175

hard drive: 500gb
    battery cycles: 86

-bought last jan 2008 in the US... so no box. But I have the install discs, sticker, remote, charger, display adaptor, everything
    -just had the hard drive and ram upgraded last april/may (thanks to Sir Charlie) :)
    -there's a sand grain sized ding?/really small indentation about a cm to the left of the touch pad. it's super shallow and is only noticeable if you're looking at it up close. I'd take a picture but on my 2 megapixel cellphone cam it's not visible.
    -no applecare. never had problems with it though :)

I hope someone can help me out here. I checked the marketplace and wasn't able to find a FS thread about an MBP with specs like mine and similar models were sold but the threads are from last year. Thanks in advance :D

2. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

50K-55K maybe? I know someone selling a brand new unit same gen as yours for only 60K, out of warranty nga lang.

3. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

I agree with Jaijin you can probably get 50k for your Macbook Pro. :)

4. Bem

Bem Member

Thanks a lot! But I actually decided to just keep my mac, the great thing is even if it is technically outdated it doesn't feel like it at all. Great machine :D Just curious, does Apple still produce/sell batteries for my model? I'm sure I'll have to replace it eventually and I hope it's easy to get.

5. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

yes, dont worry, apple still sells battery for your model and even the ibook and powerbook batteries:D

http://store.apple.com/ph/browse/home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/power?mco=MTM1NDU5OA