How long did it take you to get a Mac?

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by jedazzy, May 13, 2011.

1. bride

bride Member

Been a mac user for 2 years now. Am glad i made it :)

2. Qman

Qman Member

I first used a MAC in the late 90s in the office and didnt like it then, first Apple I bought is the Ipod in 2005, now all gadgets at home are apple products. Imac 21", Ipad 1, Iphones, Ipod, MBA and soon to have a MBP 13 :)

3. decyph3r

decyph3r Member

It took me almost a year to get my 1st Mac. :cool:

4. iAmMichael05

iAmMichael05 Active Member

My very first mac is a white macbook early 2008. It took me less than a month to have that mac. And the good thing is, my stepdad gave it to me bcoz he doesn't know how to use a mac. It was just a free gadget from his retention plan. xD

Now, I'm still using my trustworthy macbook plus a 21.5inch iMac late 2011. My parents gave it to me as a birthday present. My parents also gave me an iPad 2 and iPhone 4. :D

I can proudly say, that I am a certified Apple loverboy for 4years now. :)

5. jeshuatan

jeshuatan New Member

Had my first apple product back in 05. Which was an iPod w/video 60gb. Then the following year I purchased my first laptop which was the black macbook. I switched to apple just out of curiosity, i was really impressed with the UI, build quality and also prestige that comes with it. :D have bought an iphone,ipod touch,iphone4,iPad and a 15in macbook pro just last year. Glad to have made the switch! :D

6. isawultra

isawultra Member

it took me 11 years since i first used a computer (1992) to get my very first mac -- a pb15

7. iCure

iCure Member

2009 got my iMac 17-inch and macbook wht...2010 iphone 2g

8. sydd999

sydd999 New Member

Currently on the thin line between getting a Windows laptop and a MBP 13...

The hardware specs and form factor of the MBP are winning me over :)

9. nethrow

nethrow Active Member

Still on the fence whether I'll stick to my Dell Windows 7 or make the splash and buy the MBP.

Problem is, there are rumors of a new MPB line coming out in a month or so. Saka the lack of 24-month installment promos are dissuading from getting one now.

10. zephyr

zephyr Member

3 years... since I laid my eyes on a white macbook and fell in love with it at first sight.

1 year... after I chanced upon this forum (thank God!) and took me also a year to save. Bought a MBP 13" + Apple care (2010). Did not dress/protect up my MBP, just tlc and a Speck sleeve. I want to believe my IT sister bought a macbook air around 6 months after she saw mine. Now, my 2-yr old MBP is still looking good naked and my mom wants one too!!! :D

From the bottom of my heart, thank you PHILMUG! You don't know how grateful I am, how much I have learned, and how much headache and heartache you have spared me, because you have been a deciding factor on my first laptop.

#110 zephyr, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  11. scubadiverdaw

scubadiverdaw Active Member

I have been using laptops since 1994. Have gone through 4 or 5 laptops already and was always unsure whether I should jump to the other side and buy a Mac. I did it slowly, got fed up with android phones that was always hanging so bought an iPhone and really loved the OS. Then got an iPad mini and finally got my first MBP after 18 years of using a PC.

Do I like it? You betcha. It's like buying an automatic car after using manual for a long time ---- you will never go back. Whats the cliche ---- Once you go Mac, you never go back.

12. airmax32

airmax32 Member

2011. I just wanted to try it out. nothing against windows. i still use a computer that runs with windows. yon nga lang a mac is expensive.

13. macooleat

macooleat Member

I'm a software developer. I used to work on a PC since i started working. But i don't buy laptops ever since. I've waited. Because i want a mac. MBP is my first laptop. Worked hard for it. It's worth the wait. :D

14. lmd052300

lmd052300 Member

My first mac is mac mini acquired last two years ago. But sold it and upgrade for MBA 11. Happy for it.

15. aldwin

aldwin Member

I have wanted to buy a mac ever since i saw this candy colored imac at a friend's house in highschool, and i bought a mac on my sixth paycheck :) on my first job, savings + credit card :D

That was more than 7 years ago, and i'm only on my second machine.

16. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

my first mac was in 2009. It all started with the iPhone 3G, i loved it so much that i figured it has to have a macbook as its partner, and as they say, i never looked back ever since :)
    The mbp is still rockin after 4 years, has the latest mac osx, battery still lasts 3-4 hours, very much worth it.

17. goldberg33

goldberg33 Member

Officially had a windows laptop since 2008 but was really dreaming of using a mac since the macbook came out but found it above my budget. Ended up testing the iphone 3g as my first apple device and loved it, then upgraded to an ip4, then bought an ipad2, sold my ip4 and got an ipod nano (latest gen) and finally bought my first mac mini last week and found it way much better than my windows laptop. Now in trying to learn and be familiar with osx but so far, so good. Hopefully I can save for an MBP or MBA in the near future.

Thanks to Philmug and Charlie (for the awesome discounts) as convincing me to switch to a mac system made my decision so much easier.

18. amboy

amboy Member

hehe it took me forever before getting a mac. from the days of 286's and 386's PC, i finally bought myself a macbook pro. always thought that the hassle of changing os plus the learning curve is too much of a hassle for it to be worth it. however due to necessity of using a mac and all the rave reviews I'm getting from mac users finally made me do it... i have to say that i'm glad i did :)

19. bigpoppapimp

bigpoppapimp New Member

a friend of mine got me to use a Mac. It took me quite sometime to switch, but i finally got one around 2012...Macbook Pro :)

20. joshuaster

joshuaster New Member

Since 3rd Year HS (Jan 2014), I'm actually begging to my parents to buy me a Mac, because rendering in Photoshop and Indesign would be faster. But they said that it would be their grad gift to me nalang. :> So it actually took almost more than a year.