How long did it take you to get a Mac?

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by jedazzy, May 13, 2011.

1. rflores

rflores Well-Known Member

it took me just a few months, researching more than saving. ROFL.
    btw, im drooling for an mbp, and i am counting the months that i am.

2. java

java Member

Have been a DOS user since 88, Windows user from 1993 up to 2007 when I bought a 2nd hand Macbook. My wife fell in love with it so I had to swap it with her NEC Versa . You can say I was flip-flopping between the 2 OS's until I got my iMAC September of this year. I'm still flip-flopping since my office computer is on Windows.

3. ChrisBelison

ChrisBelison Member

Got to try Mac when I was still in elementary school but I spent my high school up to now using Windows. My 5 year old Compaq laptop's been acting up since October of this year and just last week, I decided to make the switch. Ive ordered my first MBP and it'll be delivered this coming week.

To answer the question, it took about a month plus my Singapore-Malaysia trip money for the MBP :)

4. voidnothings

voidnothings Member

5. marvinong

marvinong Member

Was a sad sad sad Windows user way back when I was a kid.
    Got my first Apple product in High School in the form of the iPod.
    2nd year college was when i got my first MacBook, back in 2006.
    in 2007 we replaced our desktop computer at home with a MacMini.
    2008 was the year I got my first MacBook Pro.
    Early 2011 was when I got my iPad 2.
    2 weeks ago was when I got my new 15" Late 2011 MBP.

I've been a loyal Mac user for 6 years!

I love Apple products!
    The fact that the hardware and software are integrated gives you a completely different and seamless experience from any device or OS.

Thank you steve!

6. jvicedo

jvicedo Member

I was never interested in any Apple products until the leaked iPhone4 was leaked on the interwebs. Even when I was way back in Technical Support for a major software company (2003), I still couldn't care less. I know it was easy to use, fast etc. but when I saw how sexy the iPhone4 was I had to get it (December 2010) and from there, my wife and I got our first Mac Book Air last October 2011. This was the time when I was getting irritated tweaking my Windows machine to fit certain software needs like in Photoshop etc. since then its been a joy using our Mac Book Air.

7. kentamayo

kentamayo Active Member

I've been using Apple since I was a kid, our computer lab was fortunate enough to have some Apple II's around so we got to play around with them (games) green screen and all. After that, when we moved our printing press equipment to our school campus in Biñan, the computer that came along for the ride was a PowerMac G3 with a 20" CRT monitor, which was HUGE at the time, thus began the quest for my first Mac, coincidentally, I bought it here on PhilMUG in 2007, a 2.0 GHz CoreDuo 15" MacBook Pro, this was my first Mac and my first Own (not shared) computer, I bought my first Brand New Mac just this month, 13" Core i5 MacBook Air. :)

8. oragorn

oragorn New Member

iOS development was all the rage, still is. I decided to join the bandwagon and got myself a MacBook Air a couple of months ago and got an iPad 2 a month after as a testing environment. I'm just starting to see the light from the other side.:D

9. belindada

belindada New Member

'Been dreaming of owning one way back in 5th or 6th grade, when we had a writing contest in school where the 1st price was an iBook G3 Clamshell and a published article in Time Magazine. I didn't win, of course.;p In the meantime, I got Apple gifts, like the 4th gen iPod and the iPod Shuffle, and the iPhone.

Then come September of this year, when my Acer Aspire One got stolen (from inside the car) and my HP laptop died on me. Two months later, my brother's laptop, which I was using in the meantime, restarted for no apparent reason while I was doing my research paper. I figured, why not live the dream? So, I searched and searched, and found a great deal here in PhilMUG and DH for a MBP 13.:)

So, far, worth every cent!:)

10. jesusluison

jesusluison Active Member

Started using windoze PCs in 1990. I remember my first windows installation was windows 3.1... Then windows 95... Windows 97... Windows 98... Then windows 2000

Got my first MacBook pro and iPad in 2011...

Sheesh... 21 years? Before I had my first MAC experience...

Really life changing... :)

11. ultraviolet

ultraviolet New Member

The first Apple product that I experienced was the iPod Nano back in 2007 that my Dad bought me as a birthday gift.

Last Christmas my Dad bought me my first MB Pro.. and I am really enjoying it :)

12. LeoCajipe

LeoCajipe New Member

First got to use a MAC in 2008, I was working for a company that had Apple as their client. I was given a workstation with iMac and I used one of the Macbook test kit as my take home work laptop. At first I was uncomfortable using it but I learn to like it after a while.

My wife bought me MBPro last xmas and i am very much enjoying it.

13. foxjj

foxjj Member

8 month :)

14. himuramaki

himuramaki Member

5 years. My first Mac was an iBook G4 then I upgraded to Macbook black. Now I'm using a Macbook Pro.

15. akal

akal New Member

Approximately 18 years. Got my first PC sometimes in 1993 (Windows 3.1). I already had 4 pc's and 3 laptops until I was convinced to get my first Mac (MBP) last Dec. . I'm already an apple device user since 2006 (Ipod, iTouch, shuffle, iphone4, ipad2). Planning for an iMac next month.

16. rflores

rflores Well-Known Member

Ahh, why have I not applied for a company that uses Macs and issues Macs to their employees?

As for me, my first was an iMac, I got used, enjoyed immensely.

I had recently sold it, and about to buy an MBP 15" as a desktop replacement laptop.

So it was not that long of wait for me, I bought an inexpensive used one, whole saving for a Bnew one. The used one I was able to sell at the same price I bought it. :D

17. macnoob

macnoob Member

I was using an HP laptop from 2003 til 2009, hahaha never looked back :)

18. arvindelacruz

arvindelacruz Member

PC user since Grade 3... It was 1983 I think... finally switched to Mac last October.

19. honeymay

honeymay Member

have been an ibm compatible user ever since. it was only at the last quarter of 2011 that made me go for a mac. Got tired of different OS in our house, but iPod user since 2007. got it as a gift from my hubby :)

20. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Well-Known Member

first gen ipod nano was the first apple product that i owned. but i cant remember what year was that. haha!:)