How long did it take you to get a Mac?

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by jedazzy, May 13, 2011.

1. popong

popong New Member

been using a hack for some time now. Got a call from my wife, shes getting MBA. she'll hand me over her MBP. shweet!

2. feaRLesS

feaRLesS Member

I've always wanted to get a mac since 2008, but I was just a sophomore college then and couldn't save up nor ask my parents for it so I promised myself by the time I get a job it would be the first thing I would save up for. Got my very first job February this year but didn't quite stick to my promise as I got an android phone first and didn't save up until April but I'm getting my very first mac in September so yay! :) It will have been 6 months then from the time I saved up, and 3 years from the moment I've dreamt of getting one. Hehe

3. jst4mrvn

jst4mrvn New Member

Been using mac since 2007... My dad gave it to me... 
    My first macbook white
    Then i upgraded to macbook pro last year and
    Now i sold my macbook pro and bought macbook air...

4. philpangandian

philpangandian Active Member

About a month... After two years of using iPod Classic, I thought it was time to buy another Apple product, I checked their website and found iMac - a PC without a CPU. I was really amazed.

5. rederamos

rederamos Member

It took me years of dreaming and hoping to get a Mac...4 years to be exact...due to lack of finances... :(

I first had an Asus EeePc 2G, the first of them Netbooks (am I right? :p). But I never stopped praying for that moment to have a Mac. Then, by the grace of God, I finally had the financial capacity to purchase one...although its second hand, I am still happy to finally have a Mac. :D

6. aldwin

aldwin Member

I have dreamt of getting a mac ever since i saw those candy colored imacs.

My first mac is a 15"MBP late 2006 (still using it, but hopefully not for long :D ) and it was my first major purchase on my first job.

7. proxyego

proxyego Member

I got my first mac last thursday (July 28) it's a macbook pro 13". I am very happy and satisfied with it! :D If I remember it correctly I've been wanting a mac since the macbook pro black version was released.

My dad being a "kuripot" and all then he suddenly agreed in buying me macbook. Naalala ko pa yung unang bumili kami ng laptop (HP Pavillion dv3000) halos magkapareho sila ng presyo ng macbook nuon pero my dad agreed on buying the HP instead and after that I realized that it was "sayang". My HP died last summer suffered a dead LCD. Then finally got this baby!

just telling hehe.

cheers!

8. paolo

paolo Member

i got my first macbook as a hand-me-up... (a hand-me-down from my younger sister) :)

9. Adobo

Adobo Member

I have already used, installed, worked on, hacked, did an HD recovery, rebuilt an outlook db, opened, etc macs for over 10 years now but never owned them. Heck, I've even thought people how to use a mac!

Guess it's because I never trusted its reliability. YES, I've always told people that apple provides the best customer support; I even was able to replace an old macbook for a new one via sg. But I prefer my computers to never break down. Prolly because I'm used to Thinkpads which were built like tanks.

Fast forward to today. Thinkpads are made by Lenovo, everything else looks ugly, big, and unreliable. My Compaq suffered a breakdown (cpu fan) right after the warranty expired and I carry a portable fan wherever I go just to be able to use it.

Right now I can't find a laptop which would match the portability, specs, beauty, and price of an MBA. They're a lot more competitive now than ever. Staying up late to do all of the necessary research because tomorrow I'm going to the dark side :) (would have bought this evening but they had issues in the store).

Sure, I still think that it'll breakdown sooner than I would want it to but that's what APP is for, right? :)

So I guess.. 10 years for me? :)

10. John H

John H Member

You sure your story is accurate?

- iBooks were introduced in 1999 not 1993

- 12 inch Powerbook G4 was introduced in 2003 (not a month later)

11. natstuff

natstuff Member

got into the Mac world right after I bought my first iPod back in 2004 - it was the 4th gen click wheel or touch wheel, I forgot! :) I just remember I got the iBook g3 chicklet to match with the white iPod

12. elcid

elcid Member

got my mac as soon as i started working, earning money and saved enough to buy one. i am a hopeless PC user and very frustrated with losing my files over the virus. got an ibook in 2003 (either 03 or 04).

13. keilu

keilu Member

will be getting an ipad 2 by september ... its going to be my first apple :)

14. dotslashbin

dotslashbin Member

when I finally decided to get a mac, after thinking over about what to do with the old laptop. I took me a while to save up, and got an mbp , 15".

15. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

got my first macbook when they first use intel chips.

16. kitching

kitching New Member

i've always wanted a mac since 2006 but being a fresh grad i can't afford it. 2008 i got myself a pc and i hated the virus, blue screen issue. back then the only apple i can afford was an ipod classic. just this june my netbook got stolen, after a month, i saw that as an excuse to buy myself my first ever mac.ü

17. beecube

beecube Member

I got my first Mac one year after registering here at Philmug! :)

18. mrlynx1979

mrlynx1979 Member

it took me 29 years since birth, 10 years after my 1st internet experience, 9 years after my 1st experience with linux/bsd and 7 years after I saw the commercial of mac.

19. godivachoc

godivachoc Active Member

My cousin convinced me to get a mac.. It took me around half a year... My Dell computer got so slow after a few months. Initially I looked around Amazon and I constantly see that Apple computers are usually #1 or #2 in the list and people rave about it... Then I ask myself.. "what is it about a mac anyway??"

Got my first mac before the 2nd year of college in 2008 (just a year after my Dell) and never looked back :D

20. Jay2

Jay2 Member

last year november is when i got my first mac.