How do you protect your macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wire, Jul 30, 2009.

1. scuttle

scuttle Member

I got my keyboard protector from Japan Homes, perfectly fit on my MBP 2011. 88 pesos...

2. linkk

linkk Active Member

speck case, palm guard and sleeve :)

3. Everythinglou

Everythinglou Member

Right now I'm using a Speck case, Moshi Palm guard (reduces heat), Nike Laptop sleeve and
    Capdase Klia screen guard

I clean my macbook pro every 2 weeks :D

4. nouvomx

nouvomx Member

@Everythinglou like how do you clean it? wipe the screen?

5. Snikt

Snikt New Member

My Macbook Pro is naked (at least for now). I bought a blue keyboard protector from CDR-King but I only use it when I'm outside.

I'm thinking about buying a Speck case though... We'll see. :)

6. guwardiya

guwardiya Member

My mbp 13 has a screen protector & spck clear case. Then i place it inside a case logic hard case -sort of- before the whole thing goes in my laptop bag.

7. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

My MBP accesories:

Moshi iVisor (anti-glare)

Moshi Clearguard

Moshi Palmguard

Speck See-thru Satin Case (Peacock)

8. arvindelacruz

arvindelacruz Member

Don't know. I think I got them at Ace Hardware or True Value. Maybe National Bookstore also sells the stuff.

9. ma5te12m1nd

ma5te12m1nd Active Member

Laptop sleeves lang ;) Bought last night an "Incase for Andy Warhol: Adverts" (For my MBP 13") :cool: @ Mobile-1 Glorietta 2.. Swerte! naka habol pa sa Valentines Super Sale, from 2.7K to just 700php ;)

[​IMG]

10. Everythinglou

Everythinglou Member

Do they still have stocks?

11. ma5te12m1nd

ma5te12m1nd Active Member

I think they still have stocks ;) goodluck!

12. b0gni

b0gni Member

I have the following on my cMBP Mid-2012:

- Speck Smartshell Satin (Black)
    - Moshi Clearguard

13. louis vuitton

louis vuitton New Member

Capdase sleeve and keyboard protector

14. Querry0906

Querry0906 Member

I'm using invisible SHIELD. It is like a clad wrap that protects my late 2010 MBP. I had it installed last 29June2011 and up until now still like brand new no scratched yet. I just had replaced the portion on the palm rest because of brown stains but the back and bottom cover is still intact. It is a bit pricey 3K (I have to protect my investment because it is not cheap also) and for replacement you need to shell out 800 pesos . They will replace the whole cover. But I opted not to because it is still okay. The remaining replacement front and rear cover was kept by them and if in case the front/back shield is broken they will replace it.
    For the case I am using Capdase Neoprene sleeve as protector when you put them in your back pack or bag.:)

15. ljplainez

ljplainez New Member

I plan to get a Speck SmartShell Satin for my MBP 13". But before I decide to buy, are there any disadvantages of using protective cases? I've read from some customer reviews on the web that some of these products cause their MBP to heat up easily. Not sure if youve had the same experience.

16. slrseeker

slrseeker Member

I don't take off the sleeve.:D

17. b0gni

b0gni Member

Basing from my 1 month experience with the Smartshell Satin, the case doesn't make my MBP heat up more. The back cover has holes in the right places to provide ventilation to the laptop. But take note that i only use my MBP for surfing/email/watching movies/skype. So no experience with heavy performance programs.

Outside the added expense of buying a case, one of the disadvantages i can think of is the bulk and weight it adds to the MBP. Another would be the aesthetics factor of covering up the defining feature of MBPs, which is its aluminum body. Also, it has been said that cases can scratch the MBP when puttting it on or taking it off. Although i haven't experienced this myself and i have removed the case a number of times.

For me, i like the protection a case gives against scratches and light bumps. The added bulk and weight is negligible.

Note: Speck says that the Smartshell Satin is 30% lighter and thinner than its SeeThru counterparts. I haven't tested if this is true but nonetheless, it's still a good case.

#477 b0gni, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  18. shekinah

shekinah New Member

How do you clean your Macbooks ? Especially the dust that could accumulate and pass through between the keys ?

19. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Based on my experience, no overheating issues. Im using speck seethru satin and it saves my MBP from bumps and dents.

20. robbiembp

robbiembp Member

Has anyone here visited the new apple store at Glorietta 1? Im wondering if they carry SPECK SMARTCASE for macbook pro 13".