How do you protect your chargers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by den_lim, Nov 25, 2016.

1. den_lim

den_lim Active Member

how do you guys add protection to your chargers?
    Where do you buy them?

2. mtl_ph

mtl_ph Member

3. madmax168

madmax168 Active Member

I just have one in the office table and another one at home so I don't need to wind the cable every time I change location:) So far, the chargers can still pass off as new except for the dirty white cables:)

4. carlo.palomo

carlo.palomo New Member

i don't use the built-in winder, loop loosely then velcro. pero i've done repairs on it na. rubber coating gave way.

5. triggerbokie

triggerbokie Member

dedicated neoprene bag. but still, where the cables bend its prone to dry then fray. so i put sugru.

6. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

The white power brick scratches so easily. I miss the old yoyo adaptors of my Powerbook, those were very well made.

7. Philmuger

Philmuger Member

I don't think anything can be done with scratches, since covering it will hinder heat dissipation. With regard to the cord, just handle it with care and make sure not to bend it.

8. milyonaryo

milyonaryo New Member

first time owner of a MBP here..learning a lot.up!

9. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

i have been reduced to purchasing those 50php per 4 piece plastic multi colored windup strings (sorry, i don't know what else to call them).

i'll start winding them around my starting to fray macbook air charger cable, the part jutting from the brick that is. afterwards, i'll try to strangle it tight with some masking tape as an electrical one seems a bit slippery for my taste.

i hope this 2 part combo helps to stiffen up the cable, slightly delaying the slow fraying of the cable.

only now do i realize the macbook owners have it good: their charger cable is detachable from the usb c power brick hence lessening the chances of bending the part of the cable connected to the brick.