Homeworld Finally Comes to the Mac (well, Homeworld 2)

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by Adel, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

Homeworld fans rejoice! The sequel is coming out soon on the Mac! (Even if the original never did.)

[​IMG]

This is most likely the most 'realistic' space battle game ever made. Forces you to think in non-terrestrial terms - meaning you have no up or down, and you have to plan attacks and defenses in spatial coordinates, which makes it a game like no other.

One of the top three reasons I kept a PC. The other two were Counterstrike and Half-Life. Tres cool!

More details here.

2. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi Adel,

Have you finished Homeworld 2? I don't know about you but I find it a bit slow even in the lowest of settings (although playable). Do you have any problems with the speed? Also, did they remove the pause function of the game?

My mac is an ibook g4 933 mhz with 640MB by the way

Thanks

[Edited on 11-19-2004 by Netskipper]

3. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

I've barely started. Life intrudes.

I use a 2002 Quicksilver with 1gb RAM and a 32mb NVidia card. Very smooth and playable.

Pause is F12.

4. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks Adel. Hmmm Im suddenly thinking of upgrading to 1gb RAM for my ibook :)