HomePod

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by warmgreentea, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Dipp

Dipp Active Member

if these skills from [AI]Alexa/google bring value to you, then Homepod is not for you. Apple wanted a beautiful speaker.

amazon --> bring Alexa to every home
    apple --> lets make an awesome speaker

by the way , I don't own one yet but i believe this speaker is a good one :D

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....bring Alexa to every home....to do what? Order tide pods and toilet paper on time.....from Amazon of course.

I am not impressed.

Sunil_K likes this.
  3. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

I don't use Alexa to order anything. I'm using it in ways not possible just 5 years ago.

It's the voice interface to my smart home and automation. I use it to listen to music, my audio books. My children play games with it, even seek Alexa's help with their homework.We use it to call any US and Canada numbes.

I no longer see it as a simpleton speaker. It's more ike another person in the house, really. It's that useful to me.

Ghibli likes this.
  4. raypin

Mm...yes, I am aware of the automation. I’m sure Alexa works for you and your family. But for me, it is a gimicky gadget that has no place in my home. I am aware of its capabilities. I already have 17 devices to take care of. Adding several Alexas in my home to replicate what those 17 devices can do is not appealing to me. Like I said. I am not impressed.

5. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

If you say so. It's ok. Though to me 17 devices ain't that many.

Anyway, I'll leave with my opinion that, compared to Amazon and Google's offerings, the HomePod is a one-trick pony. Great sound but the Ai leaves a lot to be desired.

6. raypin

Mm...actually, I have no immediate plans to get the Homepod. No place in my home either. I’m a headphones guys and I don’t care for Apple Music either. It is inferior to Tidal.com. Spotify? Ha ha ha ha ha.....

#126 raypin, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  7. raypin

#127 raypin, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
  8. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Using homepod on my apple tv 4k and airplay 2 works great, no lag at all watching netflix 4K, cant wait to get another homepod for stereo separation

raypin likes this.
  9. doblezeta

doblezeta Active Member

Running a stereo pair and it sounds 3-4x better (experience-wise) than a single unit. AirPlay 2 overall is gonna sell more HomePods.

bacchus_3, Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  10. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

AirPlay 2 and ATV 4K + HomePod and soon, SONOS Playbase.

Home's gon be lit! Looking forward to my second one as well (that's how good they are).

Sunil_K and shootertwist like this.
  11. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Nice! Will wait for the wwdc and see what that smaller beats branded speaker has to offer just in case rumors are true before getting a second one, just to be safe hehe

12. doblezeta

doblezeta Active Member

If this plays out there are more rooms in the house to add these babies. :) the problem now is when you try stereo you’ll want every room to be stereo as well, and this ends up getting quite costly real quick. Haha

Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  13. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

14. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Anyone interested with the HomePod? Its currently $249 and B&H Photo...

rdy0329 and arjaysalting like this.