Homepod Mini

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by warmgreentea, Oct 14, 2020.

1. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

No love for the new $99 homepod mini?

Thinking of getting these as a headboard speakers. But I'm not sure, it does so much other things that our third world country can't really harness to its full potential. Curious about the audio quality though.

#1 warmgreentea, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    raypin and Shinahashirome like this.
  2. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Now, where have I seen that before.....

[​IMG]

Sorry, it was too on the nose to ignore...

ronjet, jayparalejas and gaol like this.
  3. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

It's been reported that you can't pair a HomePod with a HomePod Mini to create a stereo pair.

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm....killer feature: deeper integration with the iPhone and Apple demonstrated its best use case, from intercom to messaging and message forwarding to recognizing individual users in your household. It can access your iOS apps. Sound quality is good says Apple. I auditioned the Homepod a couple of years ago. Puwede na quality lang (sorry, picky ears). Hopefully, this is better.

ronjet likes this.
  5. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

I was actually more excited about this than the new iPhones, but the problem is availability. I think it's the same with the OG HomePod that's only available in select markets. No sign of the new HomePod mini in Apple's Thailand Online Store until now.

Capture.JPG

Pupkin likes this.
  6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...at 99 bucks each, you can buy 2 and make for a decently priced 2 channel audio and link this to an Apple TV via bluetooth. Most certainly beats the tv internal speakers and enjoy better sound quality. Better than and less expensive than a decent quality soundbar. No wires and very tidy clutter free small footprint. Perfect for bedrooms and other small rooms.

#6 raypin, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    ronjet and Shinahashirome like this.
  7. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

I think the nearest country we can get these is from SG, HK, or Taiwan. Bummer.

amieldh and raypin like this.
  8. textguru

textguru Active Member

let us see if there are limitations for PH like other Apple features for other iDevices. I tried the competitor (Google Nest) and noticed that some features are not available in our region, so I am not fully maximizing the benefit of having a smart speakers

Shinahashirome likes this.
  9. Silentwill

Silentwill New Member

I'm also more interested in this than the iPhone 12s but when it comes to availability, I don't see the og Homepod even in the PH Apple Store(which ships from SG I believe), so it may be likely won't be available either. How about resellers? Or are we out of luck and will need to import it?

10. Shinahashirome

Gray market sellers will have some stocks for sure. But expect to shell out more because of their high mark up.

ronjet likes this.
  11. Silentwill

Silentwill New Member

Would they typically have it soon after release seeing that the og Homepod is obscure compared to other Apple products?

12. Shinahashirome

This one I am not sure. I think they will get a small no. of units depending on the demand for the product. The OG Homepod has little demand because the price is the primary prohibiting factor. Maybe these resellers will get more stocks of the mini since it is way cheaper than the OG.

13. Silentwill

Silentwill New Member

that's what I'm hoping for.

Shinahashirome likes this.