Hiring a taxi going from Metro Manila to NAIA

Discussion in 'Travel' started by csc2ky, Jun 14, 2009.

1. csc2ky

csc2ky Member

Hello fellow PhilMUG users,

does anyone of you know about a reliable taxi company and contact information that would do pick up from your home, bringing you to NAIA T3? Maybe someone has some contacts or suggestions for this? I heard the yellow airport taxis are alright, although more expensive. I would not mind it though if the taxi is a newer car model.

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. rowinms

rowinms Member

AVIS .... been with them for a very long time .. they never fail to deliver an excellent service.

#2 rowinms, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  3. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

The yellow Airport Taxis are the best among the public taxis in Metro Manila, I guess. The only problem (aside from the higher flag-down rate and higher subsequent charges) is that they're based primarily at NAIA 1 & 2. That's considered their starting point, for all intents and purposes.

On the streets, if you see them empty, you can hail them. From what I know, they can only pick up passengers on their way back to the airport (presumably after dropping off a previous client) if the destination of the new client is along the way.

I'm not sure if you can call them for pick up since, as mentioned earlier, they're based in NAIA 1 & 2.

My sister used to hire 24/7 taxis when she commutes home from work late, and they'd pick her up (for an additional fee) at her office's doorstep. Good experiences from them so far, and no horror stories yet.

Here's their number: 24/7 Taxi - (02)6423525

4. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Just go R&E, AVIS, or MGE. those are the big franchises which you could rely on. Also, senager is pretty ok. Just call em up to make arrangements.

5. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

I second the recommendations of MGE and AVIS.

Once hired an MGE cab for just this purpose for an Oh-Dark-Thirty flight out of NAIA One. Picked me up right on time. Unfortunately, I don't have their number. Although, they seem to be everywhere. You can just flag one down, or see if there's a phone number written on the side of the cab.

6. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

i suggest basic taxi, they can pick you up on time, for your inquiries you may call them

here are telephone numbers 643 -7777, 900 1447, 900 1448

7. madreinman

madreinman Member

try dollar taxi. their cars are the red painted ones.

8. Briggy

Briggy Member

Dollar Taxi - 9212383 (updated)
    EMP Taxi - 2917005 (not updated so not sure if this is still the number)
    MGE Taxi - 3636096 (not updated so not sure if this is still the number)
    Nine Stars Taxi - 3629058 (not updated so not sure if this is still the number)

9. csc2ky

csc2ky Member

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the plenty and super fast information. I will ask at your suggested companies. :) Thanks a lot! Much appreciated!

10. Kenneth

Kenneth Moderator

I remember there was a thread about this same topic a while back, but it seems to have disappeared, or maybe it was lost last time the server crashed. anyway, this is a compilation of taxis highly recommended by philmuggers

• EMP Taxi: 2935930
    • MGE Taxi: 3636096 | 364-8260
    • R&E Taxi: 3629090 | 330-1654 | 362-1890
    • Basic Taxi: 9001447 to 48 (Plus P70)
    • Dollar Taxi: 9213246, 9212383
    • Tai Taxi: 7722715 Kinda steep (e.g., P250 from Makati to Naia) but they pick you up at your appointed time and they're never late. Very courteous drivers too.
    • Avis Taxi: 5320605 (flag down starts when a unit replies to a call wherever he may be, I heard.
    • 24/7 - 6423525.

11. pilgrim28

pilgrim28 Active Member

Usually take MGE or R&E in going to the airport.

12. ricocamus

ricocamus Member

Nissan is the most reliable for me. They always arrive at least 15 minutes ahead of the time you book and many times my pick up time is about 4 AM. The vehicles are clean. The drivers are decent, they drive efficiently and not recklessly. Been using them for years, never disappointed. telephone 852 2242.

13. makoy32000

makoy32000 Member

Eton Cyberpod Corinthian, Ortigas Pasig City
    Basic Taxi charges a flat rate of P300 from Pasig to NAIA.
    Other contact numbers are 9001447, 9001448, 6427777, 6437777..

14. csc2ky

csc2ky Member

Overwhelming responses. These are the moments that make you proud to be part of this awesome community. Thanks a lot to everyone contributing to this thread! You guys are awesome! :)

15. cnight

cnight Member

two weeks ago, my sister and a cousin fetched their friend at T3. the said airport has 3 taxi lanes, one for the yellow taxi that has a higher flag down and meter rate, the other one for the white big avanza taxi with the same rate as the yellow one, and farthest one for the regular rate taxi. since hiring a yellow cab to antipolo would cost them an arm and a leg, they took the regular-rate-lane and boarded a 24/7 taxi.

lo and behold, several hundred meters from the airport, the cab driver told them that the guy manning the lane gave him a coupon telling that the flat rate charge for antipolo is 750. my sister was surprised and tried to talk him out of it. the cab driver decided to haggle for the price and he eventually settled for 500 (what gives?!:mad:)

after a few more calls from me, he decided to drop them off somewhere along C5. maybe he got scared of the numerous call since he heard my sister telling me the name of the taxi operator and the plate number.

lesson: always make sure that the meter is running and is set at 30 as soon as you board the cab.

note: this case was reported to the operator and the ltfrb. i'm not sure if they took action to that abusive cabby.

16. aNthraxx

aNthraxx Member

Had experiences with MGE and Basic, they pick me up if i have ungodly hour flights, so far they are reliable, shows up 15 to 30 minutes before your scheduled pick up time.

17. Tantantiniiin

Tantantiniiin Active Member

Yup, Nissan taxi for me too. if you live in a condo, they even go up to your unit to knock on your door. on more than a dozen occasion, they knocked on my door to wake me up for a 4-6am flight. and if ever you happen to be running late, they will radio their base to facilitate your check-in even while still in the cab.

18. zero.

zero. Active Member

I'm a frequent domestic traveler, and ever since my suking airline started their operations in T3, i have always availed of the services of MGE. they very reliable and honest with their meters (haven't experienced a "contrata" system on trips from T3).

Sana lahat ng taxi sa pinas ganyan noh?

19. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

Going to the airport, I get MGE, 24/7, Basic, R&E, EMP or Dollar Taxi.
    From the airport going home, I take the yellow airport taxi.

20. madreinman

madreinman Member

does anyone have the number for the Reno or Nevada taxi? I hear their "garahe" is in antipolo and we are of need of a cab to qc. TIA.