Help! Word not Printing properly on Leopard

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by teachertwish, Jan 7, 2008.

1. teachertwish

teachertwish Active Member

Ever since I installed Leopard, I am not printing properly on the HPLaserJet1200 attached to a PC on our office network. It doesn't print the first 2 inches of my Word document:

[​IMG]

I'm supposed to have the school logo, the date, and the salutation on top, but it only starts printing at the greeting and all the way up the page! The paper I used was 8.5 x 13, but it looks as if I were just printing on a Letter Size paper. I checked all my paper size settings on Page Setup and on the Print Setup windows, and both are on 8.5 x 13. :(

Help!!! :(

2. RommelReyes

RommelReyes Active Member

this happened to me before. i just used microsoft autoupdate to get all the latest versions of word, excel and powerpoint and the problem "went away". hth.

3. teachertwish

Yup, tried to update my Microsoft Office from version 1135 to 1139! Still to no avail. :(

4. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

i had problems printing to my Brother DCP-110C until i went to the manufacturer website and downloaded its latest Leopard driver. this was the first time i ever downloaded a hardware driver for my mac but it worked like a charm.

5. surgfish

surgfish Active Member

My printing was fine at first. I use my HP all in one printer. BUt one time, I ran out of paper and the printing stopped. Now, when I clicked on resume, the HP window says printing paused. I cannot resume anymore.... can anyone help?

6. RommelReyes

RommelReyes Active Member

try to clear the printer by deleting the document from the spool, restart the printer and start printing from scratch. hth

7. teachertwish

Update: Sorry guys, I forgot to update. Just recently I realized the problem. I created a custom size for Long Bond since it's only measured as 8.5" x 13". This, I realized, is the culprit of my printing problems. US Legal is supposed to be 8.5" x 14". From some other forum, I read someone having the same problem as mine, and the only solution he had was to use the Legal size and just adjust the margin at the bottom. I did the same, and now I can print on Long Bond properly. :) Haven't tried printing landscape, but theoretically, it should now print properly too. :)

@surgfish, that happens to me too, and I would do what Rommel suggested, and it works fine. :)

8. Rain Man

Rain Man Member

had a similar problem but with another printer - epson. really had a difficult time finding out until I tried another version of the driver. Found out that there are diff versions of same name drivers for diff regions. Upon trying it out, it worked!

9. macbeth

macbeth Member

i also have printing issues with my Leopard. tsktsk.

10. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

What kind of issues? People might be able to help if you provide more information.

11. surgfish

surgfish Active Member

I finally got it to work. HOw I did it?
    I deleted all my printers. Turned off all computers, changed the USB slot. then reinstalled the drivers. It finally printed.
    horay!!!!

12. iLAGAN Jericho

Nothing beats an off and on solution :)

13. snookee

snookee Member

this worked for me. thanks! :)

14. surgfish

surgfish Active Member

I thought that this on off thing was absent in macs....i guess i was wrong. hehe