Help: MS Office Removal

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by annie_mae, Jan 12, 2007.

1. annie_mae

annie_mae Member

I bought my laptop (brand new) with a pre-installed MS Office. I know that this is a pirated copy so I really saved up to buy my own MS Office for Mac. To install the software, I trashed the old MS Office folder, then I just followed the instructions on the CD..and my MS Office was installed.

Now that I'm going to install the second license on another Mac, I realized that AFAIK, I didn't enter the product key during my first installation process. So I tried to re-install the Office on my laptop just to verify and it really doesn't ask me for a product key. It just gives me my Product ID.

My hunch is that some data from the old MS Office is still left in my HD...correct me if I'm wrong. And if that is the case, how do I get rid of the old data?

Please help..call me crazy, but I feel like a fugitive here :p

2. vicoyski

vicoyski Member

Re: Help: MS Office Installation

As far as I know, you shouldn't just delete the old MS Office installation. It is best if you un-install it, such that the drivers and related registers will be reset... At least, that's how it's done on a PC...

3. Fidel

Fidel Member

Use AppZapper to remove the old MS Office? This application also removes related files like plists.

4. elbert

elbert Active Member

Do a spotlight for "Remove Office". MS puts that app in there so you can remove MS Office cleanly. It only works though if you've launched an Office app at least once. If you've never launched an Office app, then trashing the Office folder (test drive or otherwise) is enough.

5. blackiridium

blackiridium Member

AppZapper should do it :)

6. annie_mae

annie_mae Member

Ok, thanks! Remove Office did it. :)