Help!: Missing Address Book app

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by hedges, Dec 4, 2006.

1. hedges

hedges Member

Help! I was going to update my address book this morning and clicked on the dock icon. Nothing happened so I clicked it again when I noticed that there was a question mark on the icon.

I looked for the Address Book in my applications folder and it's not there anymore. The last time I opened and updated my Address Book was Tuesday or Wednesday last week.

I'm beginning to suspect Monolingual, which I installed and ran last Friday.

How do I reinstall Address Book? Do I just have to insert the PowerBook Software Installer CD? What about the data I had? In which folder can I find it? If it's still there, will the newly reinstalled Address Book be able to use it?

2. Carlo

Carlo Active Member

Sent you a U2U.

3. hedges

hedges Member

Thanks. Replied to you via U2U already.

4. hedges

hedges Member

Thanks for your help, Carlo! :D After re-installing Address Book, all my records are intact. Whew!

5. Carlo

Carlo Active Member

Anytime!
    The entries are normally stored in your Library's Application Support Folder. :)

6. akit

akit Member

@Carlo. Am glad I found this thread. I cant access my address book too.

Can you also help me get back my address book? I have been trying to download address book 4.0.6 at http://osx.iusethis.com/app/versions/addressbook but could not get through. TIA.